PDF viewer?

Last Updated:

1. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Quick question, I am using a custom ROM that apparently doesn't include a .pdf reader. Can anyone give me a quick source (link would be nice) to either the stock 2.1 pdf viewer, or point me to a good free one in the market? I'm leaving on a trip this afternoon, and will need to be able to read some .pdfs while away. THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Adobe PDF viewer. scan the barcode and get it from the market :D

JB in AZ likes this.
  3. JB in AZ

Thanks! Perfect, didn't have much time to search while packing. ppreciate the link!

4. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

Is that the official adobe reader they just released? I heard it was not so good.

5. JB in AZ

Don't now, but it opened the two pdfs that I tested it on, and it's better than NO pdf reader for me right now. I will report back when i return from my trip.

6. mysticmead

yep... that's the official release from Adobe.. the reviews are mixed on it.. some says it's great.. others complain about minor things.. out of 700+ ratings..it has 4 our of 5 stars.. not bad at all for a first release for any app and since it's Adobe, they'll continue to make it better...and it's FREE.

Beam PDF is better, but not free.. 10 day free trial?? then it's pay $3.99 for it... wtf? are they crazy?? I'll stick with Free...

7. rckozma

rckozma Well-Known Member

I am going to ask the dumb question, how do you scan?

8. mysticmead

if you're referring to me saying scan the barcode... go to the market and download barcode scanner.. run the bar code scanner app.. aim your camera towards the bar code (QRCode in this case) and it will scan it. tap on open browser once the bar code is recognized (it'll beep and give you options for different actions.)

9. rckozma

rckozma Well-Known Member

I have the barcode scanner already, for some reason I didn't even think of that. I kept thinking it was something in the menu of market or something. Thanks.