PDF won't displaySupport

Last Updated:

1. Melissa.S.Cohen

Melissa.S.Cohen Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone :) I am having trouble viewing a PDF on my Evo. I've saved it to the SD card and opened it with 2 different apps, and then erased it and re-downloaded and tried again, but each time the same thing happens: it will display the first few pages, but then the rest of the document shows as blank. The original PDF works fine on my laptop. Also, I plugged the Evo into the computer as a disk drive and opened the file to make sure it wasn't corrupted or something, but again, it displays just fine on the computer. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

DL Astro File Manager. Astro will hold it in a file for you. When you open, it will launch Adobe PDF reader. Astro will also let you delete the file if you choose, but the default will be to leave it saved.

3. Melissa.S.Cohen

I have Astro, and I tried opening the file from there, too. The same thing again... it shows the first few pages, but nothing more. Could it have something to do with the size of the file? It's a book.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

5. Rigmaster

The file size shouldn't matter as long as you have enough on your phone as most DLs go to the phone and then have to be transferred to mcSD card.

If it's a book that's not DRM'd, Aldiko should work.

6. Melissa.S.Cohen

@Mr Ed: I tried both Adobe reader, and the one that comes pre-installed on the phone - both with the same result.

@Rigmaster: What is DRM? And what Aldkido, another PDF reader?

7. Melissa.S.Cohen

Okay, scratch those 2 questions, LOL... I don't think it's protected, but how can I tell? I DLed Aldiko and scanned for books, but it didn't find the file.

8. Melissa.S.Cohen

Any other advice? This is driving me mad!

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Have you tried any of the other office or pdf apps on tje market or app brain?

10. Melissa.S.Cohen

It seemed to open correctly with a program called IcViewer, but the font is very fuzzy and difficult to read. Which one would you suggest, aside from Adobe?

11. Rigmaster

DRM is digital rights management. Adobe files have DRM built-in. Open e-Pub files may not have DRM, but even they offer DRM flavors. Otherwise authors would not be interested in e-content.

As for other options, I'm stumped - one of these should have worked. Seems as though there may be some other encryption/DRM in place. Adobe Reader (the updated version in the Market) should have worked. If you haven't updated and are on Android 2.1 or 2.2, you might be missing some key Adobe updates. If you have updated Adobe, then your issue is beyond my capability.

12. Melissa.S.Cohen

Amazingly, Beamreader worked! Don't know why, but I'm happy it does.

Thanks for all your help!