2. Marble White

127 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Both

13 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

Between those two, I prefer the blue. Think the brushed look on the back helps, but honestly, I'll throw a case on it anyway.
  2. I heard the blue one resembles black in some sort of way. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung releases a black one in the future.

I think they both look quite good but I'll probably go with Pebble Blue.
  3. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

4. floiancu

floiancu Member

I've had the chance to play around with both colors and I can say that although I love the hue and the metal-ish finish on the Pebble Blue, it gathers a lot of prints on the back and looks very bad. The white version is less discrete, but you can only see prints in reflections so it looks cleaner. That is why whte marble white is my personal preference.
    Skeeter125, andross77 and davoid like this.
  5. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Pebble blue with an otterbox defender.
  6. droid747

droid747 Well-Known Member

For those that have seen both colors in person, which one looks better, the blue or white. I am going to preorder the S3 on verizon tomorrow, but don't know which color I want to get.
  7. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I can't personally mention which looks best as I am in the same boat as you. But I did come across this little tidbit today.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue Model Turns Into Metallic Blue? - International Business Times

Until a few days ago I was leaning towards white. But given the amount of females I know with white iPhones and the number of white phones in general I think I am going to go with blue. Would be kinda sweet if it turns out to be this metallic blue mentioned.
  8. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I think all of the blues have been delayed, correct me if I'm wrong.
  9. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

They are both quite nice but I think the white is a bit more striking. The blue makes it a bit more conservative but it is still quite funky. I went for white as i have had dark phones in the past and wanted something a bit more striking

Edit: The blue has been delayed because they had some internal quality problems with the "hyperglaze" they were using on blue. I don't know if they are changing it to metallic now.
  10. Hellbent

Hellbent Member

I saw both phones at the Samsung store in London yesterday, and I must saw the Blue is stunning, nothing like the pictures, I ordered blue but when it got delayed I changed and said I would have white but after seeing both I want blue again, it's definatley worth the wait.

Another thing is the blue shows every finger print but white doesn't show any apart from on the screen
  11. mjdecker

mjdecker Member

I'm preordering tomorrow as well... and something about the white just screams iPhone and doesn't appeal to me. The pebble blue looks nice however in some photos/videos and depending on the angle, I see what looks like a purple tint but that could be the lighting... Samsung Galaxy S3: Design der Farbe pebble blue | SwagTab - YouTube

I called my local VZW today to see if they had any mock units for display just so I can get a jist of the size/color and the rep they don't but said it's similar to the Galaxy Nexus... Now only if the S3 came in.. you know.. black... but no... that's to 'generic' and not a 'Nature' color.
    Skeeter125 likes this.
  12. Hellbent

Hellbent Member

Blue with a see through case methinks 😉
  13. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing Blue baby;)
  14. substring

substring Well-Known Member

Definitely white. White is the "in" color now. It will match my white watch. :)
  15. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

I ordered blue, but it won't matter as I will have an Otterbox defender on it. :D
  16. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Yep, color didn't matter to me. A case is going around mine to protect my baby. Maybe even get some black carbon fiber M3 skin as well and give it the Panda look,when not in a case. :)
  17. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

The blue in the photo's doesn't do it for me. I have seen some pictures where it looks almost black - that i like. White to me from pictures looks more off-white vs pearl. I'm hoping its the former.

I agree with the white looks more striking or sleek or elegant. I just like it over the blue from a picture standpoint.

I'm hoping that is true. Otherwise, i may have to sell mine and buy the Blue.
  18. Skrixxy

Skrixxy Active Member

I've had my 'blue' one since Saturday. It's not even blue. More of a graphite colour.

There is a hint of blue when held in the sunlight though, which being in the UK isn't very often.

I imagine the white version is just another white phone.
  19. POC3442

POC3442 Well-Known Member

I chose Blue because WHITE shows DIRT!
  20. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I use that same argument when buying, say, a vehicle! But with a phone? If you somehow get a speck of dirt on it just wipe it off.
    Skeeter125 likes this.
  21. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

So, from an actual owner, how blue is the pebble blue?
  22. Rhyno37

Rhyno37 Member

White looks awesome, but I'm afraid it'd show dirt a lot easier or stain in the pocket. I'd also think scratches/scuffs would show easier. Blue from pictures looks meh, but from videos it look darker, more like graphite.
  23. Skrixxy

Skrixxy Active Member

It's not even blue.
  24. Oh no - the white gloss does indeed have issues with staining - as I've just experienced!! (from my cheapo chinesey
  25. ouch1976

ouch1976 Well-Known Member

Ordered 32gb WHITE version. Coming from a series of black Droid phones, I figured this would be a nice break. I'm slightly concerned that it might be a little feminine, but I'm secure enough in my manliness (sp?) that I think I can pull it off. And I think white is definitely more striking. I can't wait for this thing to arrive...hopefully sooner rather than later...