2. Marble White

127 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Both

13 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. artman540

artman540 Well-Known Member

You have to take into account the fact that no case will cover up all the blue. If the blue doesn't look good or doesn't match the case, it will stick out like cauliflower ear. The white is much easier to match if you want to wrap it up.
  2. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

The aluminum strip is on the blue model. It blends in with the blue so it is not so noticeable in the pictures of it. You can see in these pictures.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/sim-free-samsung-galaxy-s3-i9300-pebble-blue-16gb-p35092.htm
  3. xGodlyModzz

xGodlyModzz Member

I pre-ordered the white version. IMO it looks nicer and glossier and its not female at all! I've had a black and blue phone before and this color didn't appeal to me. Looked graphite and the white is so glossy and shiny. :)
  4. mystiqueskillz

mystiqueskillz Well-Known Member

I just pre-ordered a white one! hopefully, I like it!
  5. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

I ordered the blue, but your right about the cases. Lots of the cases, white, black, blue all do look very nice with the white S3. However I still feel blue is better than white. But the case aspect might have me exchanging the blue for white within my 14 days if the blue disappoints me when I get it.
  6. NightxFall

NightxFall Well-Known Member

I preordered the blue because the finish makes it look less glossy. From the videos, it looks like theres multiple versions of the pebble blue. Some look blue, and others look more of a graphite color. I'm hoping for more of that graphite color, that glossy white plastic on the white GS3 just doesnt appeal to me. Also I feel like the white is more flashy, and I have doubts about getting a phone as big as this one already.
  7. dmc32

dmc32 Member

I'm picking up the blue tomorrow, I looked at it in-store and it's almost black virtually.
  8. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

I got blue version. I like it a lot. IMO white is too fancy.
  9. d4v3cl4rk

d4v3cl4rk Member

Got the white version, its actually very nice. Since I do not have the blue one to compare I cannot say which is my favourite. Got the white one because it was another 4 week wait for the blue version from T-Mobile UK.
  10. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

11. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I had to look a few times. lol
  12. naelocin

naelocin Member

I have the white on preorder, but since I haven't been able to actually see a device, I can't be 100% certain that I like it better. My immediate choice was the white, but having seen actual pictures (not press shots) of the device, it's growing on me. It's really the back of the phone that's questionable for me.

So how did you guys decide? Are those of you who already own the phone happy with your respective colors? Does one look "cheaper"?
  13. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

The white one looks great, and it actually doesn't look cheap as some may think. Anyway, I put a case on it, so it doesn't really bother me. For what matters may choice, the only one available I wanted to buy it was the white one, moreover I had a lot of phones with dark finishing, so I thought it was time to move onto something brighter.
  14. buur

buur Member

I ordered blue because I have a white iphone currently (don't ask) and as it turns out I don't much care for white phones.
  15. legalkill

legalkill Well-Known Member

I asked my wife and as she i had woke her up that pre order morning to ask, angrily she said, "blue" as she barely squinted her eyes up from the pillow to look.
  16. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

I saw the choice of white and blue and just choose blue. For me, no way would I want a white phone.
  17. freagul

freagul Active Member

I went with blue because they don't make a blue iPhone, and when people see me with my phone, I want them to think, "what phone is that?" and not "where did he get that big iPhone?" The pebble blue is really nice anyway though, it fits well with the whole "inspired by nature" aesthetic. The shape and color make it actually look like a polished stone.
  18. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

White was available at the time. Simple but now 100% certain I made the right decision anyway, pebble blue just doesn't do it for me.
  19. White one because it's the only available color although the store has the actual pebble blue on display (not a dummy) and it's way better looking than the white. I just had no choice because I was so itching to get an SG3. Not that I regret buying the white - it looks great too.
  20. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

White because I coupled it with an awesome case which makes it look amazing. (It was really hard to choose though, I'm not gonna lie, I would have been happy with either)
  21. crhcho

crhcho Well-Known Member

I wanted to see pebble blue, but I generally like white phones. :) Pebble blue sounds attracting at first since there has been no pebble blue.
  22. slopokdave

slopokdave Active Member

I originally ordered blue from Verizon on 06/15, but just changed to white today. So, I will get my later rather than sooner. But the main reasons are (A) the blue can look different, from dark blue, to lighter blue, to purple. I don't like it when it has the purpleish/dark blue look, I think it does look a bit cheap. because of this. Also (B) I saw an AT&T blue in the wild the other day and the color didn't impress me. Lighting was dark, but again I don't want to have to depend on the lighting for my phone to look the appropriate color.

Maybe I'll change my mind again when I get it and I get a lot of flack from my wife since I DID ask her which color and she said blue (as I'm a dude).... haha we'll see.
  23. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Preordered the blue. Just like blue and can't see myself owning a white phone. I'm still not sure what color my phone will be. I've seen pebble blue photos that look near black, gun metal gray, dark blue, light blue, near neon blue. Guess I'll see.
  24. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

I let the girls in my house choose first. They both chose white. So I got blue.
  25. artman540

artman540 Well-Known Member

I pre ordered the 32 gig in white because I didn't like how the chrome accents clashed and the button was different color on the blue. I figured I could always exchange it. When it launched on T-Mobile I went to see the blue, it looked tacky and the color reminded me of vomit. I'm happy with the white , can't wait till I get it. Plus its easier to match a case.