• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pebble sloppy USB socket

athegn

Android Expert
May 26, 2010
I guess yesterdays downtime lost some posts?

To summarize my last two posts, that are missing.

The Pebble I bought 31days ago broke on Friday morning. Amazon sent me a replacement which I got Saturday morning; well done Amazon.

The fault seemed to be a faulty USB output socket. No cable that worked in other USB sockets worked in the Pebble; I could no longer charge my Desire from the Pebble even though all three LEDs illuminated.

The replacement has a snugger fitting USB socket whereas the broken Pebble had some sloppiness in the socket. I have had to be careful how I placed the Pebble and Desire in order to maintain charging; an indication that something was breaking?

I have tried several different cables, including the one supplied with the broken Pebble and all work in the replacement.

Perhaps something to check when first opening the package?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones