• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Peculiar Alarm Issue

JKase

Jan 19, 2010
Hey guys!

I've been googling to my heart's extent on alarm issues with Hero after the Eclair-patch, but haven't noticed anyone having a similar problem.

My alarm goes off as it is supposed to, but when I slide down the clock panel as to shut down the alarm, it snoozes instead. Sometimes showing the text "Snoozing for 10 minutes", sometimes without showing the text. Then after a few snoozes it works as it's intended to.

Also the slide-animation seems to be a bit laggy and I suspect that the phone might interpret me actually pushing the small snooze-button at the bottom of the screen.

It's quite annoying and prevents me from being late for lectures, and thus needs a solution. I don't want my alarm clock to actually be able to wake me up :p

The problem has started occurring after the 2.1 update.

I've always had a similar problem with my Hero. It doesn't happen all the time, just every now and then. I think, as you say, it may be to do with the lag/the phone thinking you've clicked somewhere else. I don't find it a problem though, I just get up anyway and then wait for it to ring again and turn it off properly then.

Of course you could always download a different alarm app.

Upvote 0
I've always had a similar problem with my Hero. It doesn't happen all the time, just every now and then. I think, as you say, it may be to do with the lag/the phone thinking you've clicked somewhere else. I don't find it a problem though, I just get up anyway and then wait for it to ring again and turn it off properly then.

Of course you could always download a different alarm app.

For me it happens multiple times so that I might have to wait for six snoozes for the phone to actually shut down the alarm. I really like the default alarm app and haven't had any other problems with it so I'm a bit hesitant to change.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones