peculiar themes...

Last Updated:

1. muab

muab Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am fairly surprised that in all the themes that I have heard of that they are always sort of off-the-wall or random without necessarily any real guiding vision.

It seems there would be a bunch of really cool themes that are artistically consistent within themselves, or that carry a true cohesive "theme" that are never approached.

Aside from the "branded" themes that would be nifty (Star Wars, Lego, Tonka, Harley etc...) it seems like some kind of "bigger" themes could be "military" or "Steam Punk" or "music" or "heavy metal" or "literature" or something like that.

I saw this "executive" theme listed and it sounded like something cohesive and thematically coherent, but looks like it is mostly just wood-paneled everything.

Is just that the people who have the technical skill for creating themes don't necessarily have the creative vision to build something really coherent and cohesive?

Or maybe it is just me...

Probably

:)

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

It could be just as much the fact that to do a coherent and complete theme, there are just so many images that you need to find and change. It gets a bit overwhelming, especially if you are busy in real life as well lol.

thaDroidz likes this.
  3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Remember this too...the more things that are themed (icons, widgets, launchers, etc) the more constant updating is required. Remember all of the apps that you have updated in the past week alone??? It can become a lot of work I'm sure.

4. muab

muab Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I can imagine so... But, even if you had a coherent theme on all the fixed aspects of the phone and did not theme the Apps at all it seems like it would be a bit of a step up from some of the apparently random themes that seem to be the standard now.

5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Have you tried out Liquid's ROM? There are 7 themes listed with his ROM (I think there are a few more available as well) and each one is done pretty well IMO. Some of those themes have been ported over and the Revolution theme is my favorite. Seems like a pretty "thorough" and complete theme to me.

The problem you run into is that 1.6 has been out for several weeks and if you want to keep the theme...you can't install the app updates in the market (unless the dev of the theme puts out updates). 1.7 is being worked on...so updates will be coming soon I'm sure.