Peep is a Pain

Last Updated:

1. suonnoch

suonnoch Member This Topic's Starter

Love my new Desire but having gripes with Twitter on the Peep client. Doesn't seem as if you can install an effective alternative client either.

My twitter timeline wasn't updating in Peep. It said, No Tweets. It lied. I could see @ messages and dms and even new tweets scrolling in the notification bar at the top of the screen, but NOTHING in the main timeline.

Tried refreshing, re-synching, updating location, to no avail.

The only way I've managed to get the timeline to show now, was to go into Settings and Apps and clear all the database data from Peep. Then sign out and sign in again.

FAR from perfect.

Has anyone else had similar problems and is there an easier way to cope?

Thanks. Sue

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I don't use peep as i find 3rd party apps much prettier and more functional. I'm extremely surprised that you you think there isnt an effective alternative client.. If you tell me exactly what features you want in a client I name provide a suggestion, in the meantime i'd suggest you take a look at the following:

- twicca
    - twidroid
    - seesmic
    - toutieur
    - tweetcaster

3. suonnoch

I installed Seesmic. It didn't work so I uninstalled it. I didn't bother with the rest. Not many rated particularly well in Market.

I can but try again. But I do think that if HTC are going to include Peep in Sense, they should make sure it works properly ALL the time.

Thanks.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I'm sorry, but you must be looking at a different market!! Seesmic itself has a rating of 4.5 out of 5!!! If thats not a good rating I don't know what is!

If you would like to download one I could walk you through the setup via google talk/msn if you like. In fact we could go through Peep step by step as it sounds like it may not be setup correctly too. Let me know and we'll sort it out.

5. CharlieCharlie

CharlieCharlie Active Member

Twicca is also very good.

Personally, if Peep remembered where you were on your timeline when exiting, I would probably use it.

6. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Twidroid and Seesmic user here - both work perfectly on my G2/Hero and both will go with me to my Desire when it arrives.

7. suonnoch

I chose seesmic because it did have a good rating. It still refused to work on my phone, which is why I uninstalled it.

Having fiddled around with synch settings yesterday, Peep seems to be behaving itself this morning.

Will try the other recommended apps. Thanks