"People" and Phonebook questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. forgottenexistence

forgottenexistence New Member This Topic's Starter

I just transferred all my contacts from a Blackberry Curve 8320 which ended up in the "People" app in my Evo. However, I always use the "Phone" button (in the middle bottom of the home screen) to make calls. Now, hitting "Phone" brings up a mixed list of facebook and other numbers that I can call but it's missing hundreds of numbers. If I open up "People" it shows all the right contact info but there's no call button. Is there any way to copy the "People" contacts into the "Phone"book?

Advertisement
  2. forgottenexistence

bump

3. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Are their phone numbers in the phone? When I go to to people and select someone There is their name, pic, etc. then it says Action with Call Moble, Call Work, Send Message, Send Mail, etc. I imagine you don't have a phone number stored which is why it isn't showing up in the phone

4. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

go to the phone dialer and start typing their name out on the number pad. they'll come up, and its a 1 touch call from there. either that, or just get used to using the people application.

or, use the favorites widget to have 1 push call access that way.

5. forgottenexistence

Figured it out. My Blackberry numbers got transferred into the "Notes" section for gmail contacts. I exported the list to excel, moved them to the right column and imported.