People app force closing when trying to open facebook contacts

Last Updated:

1. BgBlyStyle

BgBlyStyle Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. When I try to open a Facebook contact, the people app keeps force closing and restarting. Any help would be awesome.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I wish someone that has a work around for this would reply.

3. Dylan

Dylan Member

My phone did this when I was running Fresh 2.0d but since I updated to 2.1.1 it has not done it. Are you still getting it with 2.1.1?

4. mysticmead

I get it with Fresh 2.1.1 and never got it with Fresh 2.0d

5. caseyatbt

caseyatbt Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem. It is fine until I restore my backups with Titanium. So it is probably one of my programs or data that I restored.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

6. mysticmead

I'm not so sure that it's anything being restored... I say that because I didn't restore anything. it also only affects contacts that have facebook linked to them. non linked contacts are fine.

7. caseyatbt

caseyatbt Well-Known Member

Here is what I did and it worked. I wiped the phone. When it took me through the start up, I skipped signing in to Facebook. After my contacts updated through Google update, I signed in to Facebook for HTC and skipped signing in to the regular Facebook. Then my contacts even updated with photos.

8. Tom_S_K

Tom_S_K New Member

Guys, I have the answer for you. Well, it worked for me anyway and seem to make sense.

Your contacts sync with Facebook. The phone requires your log in details to do this. If you change your Facebook password (like I did), it doesn't update the details in the sync. So next time it tries to sync the info, it doesn't work and when you click on the link to profile, it closes.

To fix this, simply go to Settings > Accounts & Sync.

Remove your Facebook account.

Add your Facebook account with the correct details.

Click sync and you're done. Problem solved.

I found that sometimes I would install an app that relates to Facebook it would try to log me in from another location. Facebook sees this as a security risk and takes you through the verification process at which time you have to change your password. Whenever this happens, you will need to go back to your sync account and change the password.

I hope this is helpful for you guys. Take care.

9. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

So you're basically saying change the password, then try to sync your facebook? never tried that, but i don't think it'll work for me. whenever it tries to sync the "htc.com.bg" bug appears...

thx for the suggestion! i like my password tho! :D