People ApplicationSupport

Last Updated:

1. aabangia

aabangia Member This Topic's Starter

I am from India and I bought my HTC Legend just a week back.
    I have noticed that once I sync the phone with my Google and Facebook accounts, all the updates are visible in the People app. But if some1 has changed their profile picture, the change does not take place for the same contact in the app. Also everytime I sync, the names in the app change to the once on their Google accounts, even if I have chosen the contact name as entered by me. Anyone facing a similar problem? Also can anyone help wit a solution?
    Thanks..

Advertisement
  2. aabangia

Am I not clear with my problem? Or no1 else is facing the same problem? Or is my question 2 trivial 2 answer? In any case, any help would b appreciated.
    Thank you.

3. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

Regarding the first part of your question, I do face the problem of pictures from FB not updating in the people app. It's funny because even when I open the people app and go to the person's FB profile in it, the new photo is shown. I haven't a clue how to get the app to update properly though.

For the second part of your question, are there any sync settings that you can tweak? I can accept that the standard sync would just overwrite contact names entered by you (after all it is going to sync everything), but I wonder if there are specific sync settings where you can specify exactly what you want synced.

aabangia likes this.
  4. aabangia

Any seem to be having a solution coz i hv contacted HTC support and they reply that coz of the slow net connection the update of photos might take time. But even after the wifi on for more than 6 hrs the updated profile pics are not available.
    If any1 has a solution or any comments plz feel free to share them.

5. ariciao

ariciao New Member

Hi Im having the same problem also when i resinc the application with the phone number and face book it will go back to the old photo..

6. aabangia

Found an app in the market called syncmypix. It updates d Facebook profile pictures. Seems 2 d only solution available.