People can't hear me when using tango and skype?

1. manufan5

manufan5 Member

Idk if I'm doing something wrong, but people can't hear me when I'm using tango or skype... I can hear them perfectly but they can't.

Anybody knows of solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. cafe

cafe Member

Yeah I have the exact same problem, I think it's a bug in the skype software.
  3. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten my Atrix yet, but looking at pictures, it looks like the mic is down on the bottom. Or, right at the bottom edge at the front.

It's possible that, if you are holding the phone so that the bottom is in your palm, the "Meat" of your hand could be covering the mic.

It very well could be a software glitch. But, as an IT guy, the last 12 years has taught me to check the "Physical level" first.
  4. arcticrider

arcticrider Member

I have the same problem in skype.
    I dont have this issue with regular calls, so it's not a "hand" issue since i hold the phone the same way.
    So is this a skype issue or an atrix/motorola issue?
  5. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Well-Known Member

Well, I got my Atrix, and I've made several calls with Tango with no problems.

I did look at the front of the phone and the mic is right on the front edge, at the very bottom of the screen, just at the lip of the frame.
    It's a tiny hole. Someone would have to have a good chunk of their palm on the bottom front of the phone. Holding it upright, out in front of you, with the base resting in the palm for a video call, I can see it being possible. But, you'd have to have huge, ape hands (Like MINE!).
  6. cafe

cafe Member

I don't think its caused by my hand covering the mic. It seems to be a software/codec problem; other people who I have used skype with basically say that my voice is drown out under static/accompanied by loud background noise.