• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help People can't hear me without speakerphone

Yes, there is a lengthy thread on calling issues. In particular I was having the exact same problem as you for the last 2 days. I finally got pissed and was ready to call Verizon last night but before I did I wanted to do one last thing. I booted into recovery and formatted DATA and CACHE twice. Rebooted and reset the rest of the Incredible up. Never ended up calling because since doing that all my calls have been crystal clear today. I hope it lasts.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/71835-call-quality-very-sub-par-not-signal-strength.html

Also your specific issue here

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...people-cant-hear-me-without-speakerphone.html

I am just quoting myself from another thread I just posted.

Upvote 0
hi im having the same problem i can only text and everything is running good but when i call someone nobody can hear me and when they call me it sounds busy to them like a noise beep beep like a busy line it don;t go to my voicemail it;s wierd cause it was just working fine and out of nowhere it started acting like this and i don;t get it why it;s acting like that?? i reset it but nothing how many times am i suppose to reset it to actually make it work and i been having this phone since august 2011 somebody help me please i need my phone for emergancys

Upvote 0
hi im having the same problem i can only text and everything is running good but when i call someone nobody can hear me and when they call me it sounds busy to them like a noise beep beep like a busy line it don;t go to my voicemail it;s wierd cause it was just working fine and out of nowhere it started acting like this and i don;t get it why it;s acting like that?? i reset it but nothing how many times am i suppose to reset it to actually make it work and i been having this phone since august 2011 somebody help me please i need my phone for emergancys

have you tried pulling the battery for a few minutes?

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue! Once in a while it'll work fine but every other time people say it sounds like I'm far away/whispering or can't hear me at all. The only way it works is speakerphone and now that's starting to stop working as good. I had to call 911 a couple weeks ago (obviously there was a serious emergency) & they couldn't hear me at all. I bought one of those little bluetooth devices -- I just carry it around with me. ** always buy the insurance.. obviously it's worth it! & i'm a shinning example of someone who didn't :X **

Tried Factory reset, pulling out the battery, ect. ect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones