People can't hear me without speakerphoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

When I place a call, my phone is eminating a high pitch "beeeeeeeeeeeep" noise. people can't hear me. speakerphone does work however.

anybody else having problems?

Advertisement
  2. megacitizen

megacitizen New Member

I'm having the same problem. High pitched beep, can't hear calls except on speakerphone. I love my incredible but this is disappointing... Any ideas would be incredibly helpful.
  3. viperboy

viperboy Well-Known Member

Seems like a bad speaker, but it could be a SW glitch. Master reset the phone and try it again, don't load any apps on it until you find out if it's working or not. If it's not working after the reset, get the phone replaced.
  4. megacitizen

megacitizen New Member

That worked! Thanks :)
  5. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

I was just having the same problem...I could hear people on the other end, but they couldn't hear me. I just got the OTA update the other day, and I think the problem started then. I shut off my phone and turned it back on, seems to be ok now.
  6. johnchad14

johnchad14 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem right after the initial activation of the phone. After freaking out a little, resetting phone made everything better. No similar occurrence since (had phone since 29th)
  7. Dewprism

Dewprism Active Member

I've had the same problem, along with the high pitched " Beep " on my end. The only way I can get it so people can hear me is by resetting the phone two or three times. It stays like that even after the first time I reset it.
  8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

9. enalymommy

enalymommy New Member

hi im having the same problem i can only text and everything is running good but when i call someone nobody can hear me and when they call me it sounds busy to them like a noise beep beep like a busy line it don;t go to my voicemail it;s wierd cause it was just working fine and out of nowhere it started acting like this and i don;t get it why it;s acting like that?? i reset it but nothing how many times am i suppose to reset it to actually make it work and i been having this phone since august 2011 somebody help me please i need my phone for emergancys
  10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

have you tried pulling the battery for a few minutes?
  11. wifey

wifey New Member

I'm having the same issue! Once in a while it'll work fine but every other time people say it sounds like I'm far away/whispering or can't hear me at all. The only way it works is speakerphone and now that's starting to stop working as good. I had to call 911 a couple weeks ago (obviously there was a serious emergency) & they couldn't hear me at all. I bought one of those little bluetooth devices -- I just carry it around with me. ** always buy the insurance.. obviously it's worth it! & i'm a shinning example of someone who didn't :X **

Tried Factory reset, pulling out the battery, ect. ect.