• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People contacts going missing

Stavros

Lurker
May 7, 2010
Hello to you all.

This is my first post and I'm about to ask what could be a very stupid question but after searching many, many pages on this site and others I am still unable to work out a niggling problem on my own desire and my fathers. (Both new to Android and google)

I have all my names, numbers and e-mail addresses written down on a word file. I am happy to go about entering them one by one onto the phone but after adding about four of them as google contacts (There are no other contacts on the phone or sim), I started to notice the some of the ones I'd just added had disapeared all together???

I believe this could be something to do with my online google account not having any contacts on it either due to it being a brand new account set up to go with the new phone but I dont understand why contacts are just vanishing.

Really hope this makes some sense and if anyone can help it would be most appriciated.

Many thanks,

Stavros

Edit: - Having had a bit more of a play, it seems that when I add birthdays on the contact, these are the ones that seem to disapear whereas contacts without birthdays added remain in place. Is this a known glitch or something I'm just not doing correctly?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones