• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People in my state are all crazy

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I thought it was bad enough that they voted for Santorum by a large majority in the primary, but it gets worse. There is apparently a guy just a few short hours from me who is building a doomsday bunker.

He's got a 14 story underground abandoned missile silo that he has converted into an underground living area. He's got everything from rooms to a hydroponics lab, a gym, a minor surgery center, etc.... I'll give him props. He does seem to have thought of everything. Also, he's selling rooms for the low price of $1 mil to start. I can't decide if this guy is brilliant or a total loon. I'm leaning toward loon.

I dont understand doomsday bunkers.
WHy are they so desperate to live?
Personally, I am not too fond of living so I couldn't care less about survival.
Even if you did survive, I dont think living after a mass catastrophe would be fun at all.
I think it might be a bit more fun without so many people screwing it up, actually. Living in a missile silo with a bunch of spoiled, rich, wannabe survivalists? Not so much.

Upvote 0
I dont understand doomsday bunkers.
WHy are they so desperate to live?
Personally, I am not too fond of living so I couldn't care less about survival.
Even if you did survive, I dont think living after a mass catastrophe would be fun at all.

Humans in general have a high survival instinct. We can be very nasty when we even think we are threatened. Read a book by Carl Sagen "Broca's Brain", gives a lot of insight on "fight or flight" response.

Upvote 0
I thought it was bad enough that they voted for Santorum by a large majority in the primary, but it gets worse. There is apparently a guy just a few short hours from me who is building a doomsday bunker.

He's got a 14 story underground abandoned missile silo that he has converted into an underground living area. He's got everything from rooms to a hydroponics lab, a gym, a minor surgery center, etc.... I'll give him props. He does seem to have thought of everything. Also, he's selling rooms for the low price of $1 mil to start. I can't decide if this guy is brilliant or a total loon. I'm leaning toward loon.

FYI: this is not a new idea. Not sure about the motives of the person you mentioned, but there are lots of silos available for sale.

Missile Base Properties for Sale

I could see myself living in a silo. Some silos would make great homes. I can see living in a "Communications bunker with 8,800 sq. ft. of nuclear hardened underground floor-space. 13.1 acres m/l. 177 ft. tower with income potential. Structure is clean and ready for immediate use with some new paint and tile work. Creative financing possible with significant down payment."

It is in Kansas, however. that is a real deal killer for me.

Or this place:

Titan 1 Missile Site, Denver

Silos are well constructed and secure. Not to mention, the temperatures inside do not tend to change with the seasons.

Not all of us that want to live in a silo are nuts.

I'll take a silo or a Lighthouse. Anyone know if there are any Lighthouse Keeper jobs still available?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones