People losing Google Options

Last Updated:

1. Abaddon

Abaddon Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, just switched out my phone after the first one had the lights/headset issue, and now I've found that People won't let me add new Google contacts and a few of the options seem to be missing. Any one have any clues?

Advertisement
  2. LaughingJohn

LaughingJohn Active Member

3. Abaddon

Abaddon Member This Topic's Starter

I had to factory reset mine, but basically in People there should be an option to create a google contact that syncs with your mail contacts. It also causes a few other options to disappear too, namely which groups to sync, which is what made me cotton on.

4. LaughingJohn

LaughingJohn Active Member

Yep I did the same yesterday and the option returned (I also cleared out data from all the Google apps but I guess that's not relevant). If I have to type that damn WPA2 WiFi key in again .....

I was just about to share, but you got there first :)

5. mez

mez Well-Known Member

thought id bump this rather then starting a new thread

anyway I can get the google option back without a reset?

i only discovered it last week, i tried to add a contact but had to add him as a phone contact because google was missing from the list, only has phone and sim.
    so i added as a phone contact then went on my computer later and had to manually move him and his details across to gmail. not really much fun if im drunk and dont know how many people ive added. or if i forget

ive just got my phone setup how i like it, and i really dont want to reset again.

anyone discovered anything new in the last few months?

thanks.