• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People saying Rezound has dead pixels?

mattfab22

May 10, 2012
I'm currently leaning toward getting the rezound and I've read online that some peoples rezounds are having dead pixel issues. Is this something any of you have had on your rezound and should I worry about this? I know every phone has its issues but is this a common problem?

You are likely to run into dead pixels on any device, most use the same vendors for the display. Samsung is the biggest I believe, of the display manufactures and everyone uses their displays despite being direct competitors for phones.

In short, the rezound is no more likely to have dead pixels than any other phone.

Mines perfect.

Upvote 0
No issues here. A little dust under the glass, but nothing like my OG Droid had when it was new or replaced.

The screen on this is one of the most underestimated displays on the market. 720P resolution, bright, brilliant, accurate colors. Just because it's not Amoled with oversaturated colors, or a retina display doesn't mean it's not as good as any of them in it's own way.

Upvote 0
You are likely to run into dead pixels on any device, most use the same vendors for the display. Samsung is the biggest I believe, of the display manufactures and everyone uses their displays despite being direct competitors for phones.

In short, the rezound is no more likely to have dead pixels than any other phone.

Mines perfect.

That isn't entirely true. Poor connections to the screen interface can be to blame, and in commercial SMD application I don't care if you have a Class 1,000,000,000,000,000 cleanroom... there WILL be contamination issues from time to time due to the outgassing of flux residue from higher temperature, lead-free solder alloys during reflow. So yeah, I see dead pixels. Just not yet. It can happen with any end-manufacturer, regardless of who makes the display itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones