People Sync is really sporadic...General

Last Updated:

1. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have it set that my phone is supposed to sync with people every four hours and give me updates, but that rarely happens. Sometimes it's every 15 minutes, sometimes it's every 24 hours. What's the deal?

Is there a program I need to ignore using ATK? I leave Gmail, Messages and Clock running all the time. I kill the rest when I think about it.

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Stop killing everything. I've found that my update problems came because I was using a Task Killer. Ever since I stopped using it, my updates have been just fine.

3. ludist210

Hm, really? My sister (a VZW employee) said I should use ATK to help with the battery life of my phone.

4. Kevkelsar

Yeah, that's been what people are saying. But there is another side that says ATK does not help with battery life. And since ATK kills an app without it shutting down properly, it's bound to make things go wacko. Kind of like how your PC will eventually go wacko if you just keep pulling the plug on it instead of shutting down properly.

5. ludist210

Good point, thanks for the tip. Is there a better program to close unused/unwanted programs out there?

6. Kevkelsar

I still use ATK to kill the programs I really don't want running. For example, I use Google Voice for my text messaging, and my Eris still wants the default Messenger program to start up. So, I kill that. As well as others that I know I don't want to update anything. I just let everything else run in the background.

7. ludist210

Gotcha. I know People uses Mail even though I use Gmail. Should I just add that to my Ignore list?

Thanks for the help. :)

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

if anything i would use advanced task manager seems to be better

9. Kevkelsar

Yeah, either that or make your phone no longer use the other programs. I still haven't figured out how to do that, though. My phone is set to default using Google Voice for texting, but the built in Messenger still starts up when I first boot my phone. That may be because of the current bug with Google Voice that does a Force Close when the phone boots up.

I'm not sure about the Mail, because I also use GMail, but the default Mail program still pops up. Maybe someone else has an idea.

10. ludist210

I think that's more of an HTC thing, since People was developed by them. I have no idea how to change that.

Caddyman, I'll look into it. Thanks!

11. ludist210

So after a reboot of my phone and not using Advanced Task Manager, it only updates every 24 hours (instead of every 4 hours like I have it set). C'mon...nobody else is having this issue?

12. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Are you trying to sync your contacts with google, exchange or facebook?

13. ludist210

Facebook updates. On the updates tab (on the bottom), I set it for every four hours, then just back out of it (by hitting back). I get updates every 24 hours, and it's usually a crap-ton of updates. Like thirty or more.