People using advanced task killer and killing senseSupport

Last Updated:

1. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody know the name of the program that ATK kills that after you close ATK, you get the HTC letters as it loads the OS again?

Advertisement
  2. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

I've had it do it by just killing some of the built in apps. Like if I killed Gmail or Calendar or things like that it reloads.

3. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I remove my Advance Task Killer App, I'm letting my Incredible police its own system.

4. DCoy82

DCoy82 Well-Known Member

+1

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

6. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

I've put most of the built in apps on the exclude list. Still killing apps and not having any problems.

7. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

I want to let the Incredible police it's own system. However, I've tested numerous times that if I don't auto-kill the stock calendar app, my phone NEVER goes to sleep. I would end up with identical "Up" and "Awake" times therefore killing my battery extremely fast.

I've found by using Task Manager to auto-kill the stock calendar app, my phone works great, and the phone can actually sleep saving tons of battery. But this is the only thing I use it for.

8. BrewerFC_Live

BrewerFC_Live New Member

Normally I would agree but I've already had an app hang in the background. I noticed the phone didn't sleep when I was charging, picked it up and the case was niotceably hot. I pulled up the systems menu and sure enough CPU was pinned. killed the app and all was right with the world.

I wouldn't play with apps just cause but it's a good tool to have! my .02

9. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

IDK...i think im going to keep it for now cause, both agree that a rogue app would be that time when a task manager is required (though im sure they would like u to use the in-built android task manager). i know with me, as soon as i hit my kill all button (that kills all except the typical exclusions, SENSE and etc.)my phone is perfect. like literally. so...cyanogen nor google actually made android http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system). not that im a master at it, its just from my unique experience with the apps i have installed and the way i use my device, advanced task manager works for me.

10. coalesce

coalesce Active Member

My battery was lasting less than a day. 8 hours tops with minimal use. I wanted to believe in android, but I tried an experiment with advanced task manager. After modeate use and 26 hours later, i still have 20% battery left. So how well is android policing its system, at least at this point in time? I doubt good enough.

iowabowtech likes this.
  11. tjubb

tjubb Active Member

I too am getting better battery life using Advanced Task Killer. Without the program I was losing 10% more batter per hour. Now I'm getting around 5% of battery every hour. It doesn't appear the OS is handling tasks like some are saying it should. I am noticing a TON of my apps are running even though I never started them and many of them don't have any sort of syncing they need to do. For me, using the task killer will remain part of my daily use.

12. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

can you list some of ones on the exclude list?

13. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

I ditched atk and paid for an app called advanced task manager. Well worth the $0.99 IMO. There were 2 or 3 apps running that atk doesn't list that look like they're system related. First thing I did was exclude them from the kill process and haven't had any problems. ATM has more functionality than atk such as an uninstaller and a services applet.

14. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I reinstalled ATM the other day but for a good reason. The WGN Radio app was having some serious issues and it was the only way i could kill the task without rebooting the phone. Other than that i let my phone handle the other tasks as it wishes. Imo its sorts like hitting ctrl + alt + del when an app hangs and won't respond. This way i have access to kill the task when i need it and then i always kill ATM before exiting. So i can see having it installed, but i don't use it very often. Since then i've actually found a replacement for my wgn radio app, so i might uninstall ATM here in a week or so if i don't need it for anything else.

15. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

To answer the original question. Advanced task killer its killing itself and then restarting itself. That is the one program that keeps staying on. That's why if i have to use a task killing program i use advanced task manager.

16. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

edit: Woops, wrong thread