People Widget Issue - No valid number enteredSupport

Last Updated:

1. ahaxton

ahaxton Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have several people set up in my Favorites category in the People widget. But when I click them, it tells me "Call not sent. No Valid Number Entered."

Ok, I go into people, into the contact, hit menu, More, Set widget action, and attach a phone number. It works for a random amount of time, then returns to "Call not sent. No valid number entered." It does this for all of my contacts and makes the people widget virtually useless for me. Any ideas why it might be doing this?

Advertisement
  2. acquaahman

acquaahman New Member

I'm having the same issue. Driving me crazy trying to fix it.

3. parlayguy

parlayguy Active Member

I have this same problem on my Droid Incredible. Still looking for an answer myself.

4. typingprimate

typingprimate New Member

I solved this exact problem on my Droid Incredible. YMMV.

1. Go to your Gmail --> Contacts --> All Contacts.
    2. Find this contact, along with others similar, and merge into one contact.
    3. Add this contact back into your Favorites.

Had to do with linked contacts, I think. Here's what happened:

I had two contacts for the same person: Fred and Fred Smith. Fred only had an email, Fred Smith had phone numbers. They were linked. It looked like all of the information was there in the one linked contact on my phone. But, in Google Contacts within gmail, they were separate. Only Fred (the one without the phone number) was in my favorites. The other contact was actually deleted (as much as you can delete in Google, Fred Smith was actually just moved out of My Contacts to All Contacts). I merged the contacts down into one, rather than linking on the phone, and re-added to favorites. After a sync, the widget started working.

My guess is there is a bug looking for the default action (call the number) from the favorites widget for linked contacts.