People widget question

Last Updated:

1. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 21, 2010
    Ive put two people widgets on one of my home screens, one for friends and the other for family.

On some of the contact photo's there is an icon overlaid of a business card and on others its an icon of a phone.

For example the photo of my mum has a business card icon. When I click on her pic from within the widget it opens up her contact info from where I can choose to call her home, mobile, send text etc.

One of my friends photo's has the phone icon, I have two numbers for him in his contacts (home and mobile) yet when I click his picture it automatically goes straight to the dialer and calls his mobile. This is a pain if I want to call his house phone.

Can anyone explain why some of my contacts are different ?

When I upgraded to the Desire and put my SIM in it, I copied my SIM contacts to the phone and then selected to only show phone contacts as this go rid of the duplicate contacts.

I also had to link various contacts because when I copied from the SIM they were all split up ie Barry - Home and Barry - Mobile were two separate contacts.

2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    it uses the first used contact method as the default for that person in the widget.
    so to rest them, remove the people from the group (eg. favorites) in the people app and then re-add them. now when you first use the person in the widget it will prompt you to set the default contact method for that person. (1st time only though so get it right or you'll have to do it again)
  3. lukeyboymac

lukeyboymac Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    You can change it anytime without having to add/delete from the widget. Go to 'people' (program), click on your contact, click menu, more..., it will then let you set a wid get action. You can choose to view contact, call mobile, text etc... It will only let you change those that are in the widget.

Hope that helps
    CarsnGadgets and Bully74uk like this.