People with Extended battery(thicker than stock) battery meter

Last Updated:

1. MDbandit

MDbandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 7, 2010
    Something is way wrong with the battery meter on the EVO. Is it programmed to only recognized the stock battery? I saw this because when i received my 3500seidio i ran it down, then gassed it up to full(unplug, charge, unplug, charge again ect) Then i even erased the battery stats in recovery

So the meter seemed to be accurate as I drained it again just to see how long the battery would last (got about 10 hours of hard usage, 4G wide open, wifi off, to drain battery). So then i got to charging it back up: In about 32min its at 50%, which i know impossible. Then about 38 more minutes later, it says 100% full (basically 3500mah got charged in lil over an hour?) . Of course too good to be true so i disconnected the charger and 30 seconds later it dropped down to 80% !!!! My point being, if im not there to see it hit 100%(which is when the phone will not charge anymore even tho its on the charger and will use the battery to power phone right?) then I will never be able to get a full charge. LIke why cant the meter simply tell me exactly how much juice is left in the battery? I had the sedio 2600mah for my Pre and next had a meeter problem. This EVO meter is OC! I mean why do i have to let it charge to 100, then disconnect, and keep reconnecting to get it to be a real 100? thats ridicoulous. I thought we would only have to recondition the phone once. I cant do this everything. Somethiing needs to be done

It seems like the only way i can get it to fully charge without the multiple charge,unplug,charge is to turn the phone off, and let it charge for a couple hours or whatever. When it turns green its at like 97% which is good. Because its a true 97 and wont drop down immediately to 80 or something

2. hodedofome

hodedofome Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Use the charger that came with the battery.