People with Refurbished Phones

Last Updated:

1. androidftwin

androidftwin Member This Topic's Starter

For those who have used their warrantee to get a refurbished phone, is it working better than the new one you had? OR are you still experiencing problems? If so, what kind of problems are you experiencing (random shutdowns, reboots, no 3 button recovery, etc)? Chime in!

Advertisement
  2. Rx FOR SUICIDE

Rx FOR SUICIDE New Member

I will make this short because its a really long story but i bought my Captivate at Best Buy and bought the Black Tie Protection Plan with it and i had only had it for 5 days and dropped it on some gravel and the screen cracked. Well long story short I turned my phone over to get it repaired and i still didn't have it back over a month and a half later. I had to write a very long email to their corporate offices just so they would junk out my phone so i could get a new one.

3. Extract0r

Extract0r Well-Known Member

The refurbs are from 'buyer's remorse program' from what I was told by AT&T agents. They looked brand new when arrived with the 'do not text while driving' sticker on the screen, but one of the three refurbs I tried had some video footage left in the phone so they are certainly not new.

I am on my 3rd refurb and the first two had dead red pixels in the middle of the screen. Probably the reason the previous buyer had remorse. The third one has a dead green pixel at the bottom corner of the screen that I can live with.

Bottom line, do not expect a perfect phone if you are getting a refurb. But hey, who knows you might be lucky.