Performance boost- Turn off animationsTips

Last Updated:

1. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on my 3rd android phone, and this is the first thing i do on everyone.

Menu-Settings-Display-Animation-NO ANIMATIONS

Doing this makes opening and closing apps, flinging through screens and many other things much faster.

You'll loose the cool looking transition when coming in or out of an app. But this is well worth it, IMO.

It's all about performance;)

Advertisement
    cranky_dan, Fad3c, renofoe775 and 3 others like this.
  2. NoRegrets78

NoRegrets78 Well-Known Member

I also did this on my Dinc. Just yesterday I convinced my fianc

3. dittok92

dittok92 Active Member

Good tip :D
    Just turned them off; I'm already noticing better performance. Thanks!

4. captain21

captain21 New Member

Thanks, my droid flies now. What a difference

5. LOL DROID

LOL DROID Well-Known Member

Wow! What a difference! :eek:
    Soooooo much faster without those animations.

Great tip, thanks! :D

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

This is definitely a good tip - I am just getting used to seeing tips that I learned last year with the D1 and to see people get excited about it.
    I even stick with the fast animations because it is much quicker than the D1 was.

It's the little things that make a difference. Just like clearing the Dalvik cache...

7. dittok92

dittok92 Active Member

Any other nice little tips to share? :)

8. inssane

JuiceDefender app works very well and many previous bugs with getting 3G back are worked out. It saves battery by turning on and off data, and much more.

On a rooted D2, clear the Dalvik cache with Titanium Backup - overlooked, but will give you a boost when you do it.

The app Settings Profile helps control everything from brightness to ringtones and setting profiles for different times and situations. Can also run rules and launch activities based on docking, bluetooth connected, GPS location, etc. A good battery saver if you just want to turn off sync at night for instance, or even during the day at work.

I fix permissions (rooted) on a regular basis and basically get no FCs because of this.

Keep your SetCPU profiles (rooted) off of 125 on the low range - anything higher than that is fine. Many times there is a major lag when a call comes in at this low speed threshold.

If you have a ton of widgets up (like me :) ) use ADW not LP - no matter how I configure LP, there is always lag. ADW is always smooth with alot of widgets up.

This is all I can think of as of right now.
    Hope it helps a bit

dittok92 likes this.
  9. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Where do we clear Dalvik Cache in Titanium? Also, I've heard of a app like Settings Profiles, so I decided to check it out. I go to edit the volumes on any profile and I can edit them but I can save the settings. I try backing out and it does nothing. I press home and go back into the profile and the volume settings are back to default. This is a big nuisance and I'm just wondering if I was the only with the problem.

10. inssane

I don't have your mentioned issue with my Settings Profile, so I am not sure.

I don't remember if the Dalvik is with the paid or free version. I have the paid one, so I can't check. You go to "more" and it should show up. If you are on the free and it's not there, then it's only with the paid version.

11. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

I have paid and I found it thanks.