Performance?

Last Updated: 2010-07-23 15:12:38
  1. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

I was considering getting this phone. I know its not a 1GHz snapdragon, but how is the performance overall?

Advertisement
  2. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

Pretty damn impressive.
  3. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

The performance is amazing. I can't say I've compared them personally but I've read that it's actually snappier than the EVO 4G. The MSM7227 is a SERIOUSLY underrated chip IMO. To give an idea in numbers, the Aria has 40% of the pixels to be pushed but has the same GPU pushing them. That's like taking the engine from a Camaro and dropping it in a Smart Car(ok, not exactly but you get the idea)
    MaxxBennedy likes this.
  4. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is truly great. Snappy and smooth! Only once did I see the phone just slightly lag on a home page swipe when I have at least 10 apps running including Pandora Radio streaming at the time.
  5. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Well-Known Member

+1

A joy to navigate...smooth. For the most part....apps load, close, and run w/o me pausing to think, 'dayam, hurry up.'
  6. billysbrew

billysbrew New Member

It is a quick little phone. I am very impressed!

Link to some benchmarks HERE
  7. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

Let me put it this way, in some instances I notice it snappier than the Driod X I was using for less than a week and one of the many reasons why I came back to the Aria. Take that with a grain of salt or somthing.

I wish AT&T would get a version of the HTC Incredible. I think that device is the perfect size. Looks like the Aria's big bro.
  8. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

Very snappy... gets about 4.3 Mflops which is vs the avg 1ghz snapdragon phones 7 Mflops. But as ambicutus said its pushing 40% of the pixels.

that still doesn't show how snappy it is though. In general usage i cant tell the difference between it and the 1ghz phones I have used.