Perhaps dumb Q about battery

Last Updated:

1. astanton

astanton Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

As noted, this may be a dumb question but it's been bothering me as I inch toward my purchase of a tablet.

I've read and then heard from a Verizon rep, that the battery is not replaceable...This seems to bother no one else but me -- and mind you, I'm more 'user' than tech person?

Can someone tell me how long the battery for this thing is expected to last? And is the idea that by the time it dies, I would be eager to move on to another purchase anyway?

In the meantime, as a new person have really appreciated what I've gotten out of this forum already -- just this morning, I found encouragement to dip my toe into the stream (i.e., not wait til the next new development because there will be so many), and also, to look into T-Mobile whereas earlier my focus was limited to Verizon only.

But yes if someone can gently address my battery-life angst...giggling is ok...but that would be appreciated...:eek:....Arlene

Advertisement
  2. Uzza

Uzza Well-Known Member

depending on how you use the device the battery will last anywhere from 1 to 1.3 years. Think of the battery as an ipods longevity. not saying it will dail by then..but will lose its prime charge.

and yes..in one year a devide like this will cost as much as a kindle. with new devices that are so much faster that our little baby will look like a G1.

DIVE IN..THE WATERS FINE. its a great devixe that will last long enough to make it to the next class of device.

astanton likes this.
  3. Sonic77

Sonic77 Active Member

Not user replaceable, but replaceable by samsung service.

If your not sure about the tab wait until CES is over in early January

There should be a slew of new devices announced to decide if they are worth waiting for.

astanton likes this.
  4. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

The rather large Li-Ion battery will far outlast the relevance of your tablet purchase unless defective. If defective, it will fail well within the warranty period.

astanton likes this.
  5. astanton

astanton Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you thank you!! I asked their own people and couldn't get a very helpful reply. As it was...well, I love the thing and ended up buying one, waiting for it to arrive now. Already named it...Ralph :'}.