• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Period tracker for guys...

first off to the ladies, i dont mean to be insensitive, but i could really use a good app (perferably free) that i can use to follow my fiances "cycle".

It is in my best interest to track this to ensure im on my best behavior during that week each month. Ive seen lots of random trackers but nothing really jumps out to me (like pms buddy for iphone).

anyone have any suggestions please let me know. i could really use it!

check out "my days". It is a free app. It is a calendar program that gives you options to keep track of your period's start and end times, ovulation, when you took the pill, when you had sex, etc.

edit: hahaha I just reread OP's post (that's what I get for skimming) and realized OP is a guy wanting to keep track of fiancee's cycle in order to avoid her pms days....hahaha. for some reason, that is hilarious to me.

Upvote 0
lol, thanks. ill figure it out. either ill hunt one down, or ill just sent a monthly reminder or something like that on my phone.

the way i see it, i'm 30 yrs old and i should really be smart enough to track these things so i dont do bone head things like tell her "i don as much around the house as you do" during her period. CHRIST i still regret that and it 3 weeks ago or more!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The average cycle is 28 days and the number of days in a month are roughly 28 so its easy to keep track IF the woman is regular.

Menstruation and the Menstrual Cycle << Frequently Asked Questions << womenshealth.gov

My girl always starts sometime during the second week of the month and has been for almost 7 years.

Sorry. I misread your statement. It said every other month which to most people means skipping a month in between which is not normal for most women.

Upvote 0
As mentioned, My Days would work, but it is so geared to the woman herself....kudos for trying to deal with it! :)

+1 for MyDays.

Once you enter the start/end dates of her period for a few months, it helps to trend a whole lot of things.

PMS is not actually tracked by the app, but you can put a note in there on the day she starts getting a little mean and the day that she's back to her normal, kind self. And then you can see how those dates actually relate to her period. But you'll have to be pretty disciplined in entering the data.

My Days is visual, so you can see how many days before, during, or after her PMS days last.

Please report back on the app you decided upon and if it helped you maintain peace in your household. :p

Upvote 0
Not always cut and clear. Some menstruate for 3 days other for 6 in some cases. PMS is PRE, so the week before should be accounted for.
If she is on birth control, that affects it too. If she has a patch for instance, forgetting to take it off in time or put it on in time can skew the whole time line.

Need to learn your girl ;)

I just look for moody straight to sensitive.

Upvote 0
first off to the ladies, i dont mean to be insensitive, but i could really use a good app (perferably free) that i can use to follow my fiances "cycle".

It is in my best interest to track this to ensure im on my best behavior during that week each month. Ive seen lots of random trackers but nothing really jumps out to me (like pms buddy for iphone).

anyone have any suggestions please let me know. i could really use it!

I work with 4 women and I keep a giant chocolate bar from Trader Joe's in my desk at all times in case of emergency. A couple days every month someone is SO glad I have it, lol.

Upvote 0
PMS is hell for us guys. And there's no way we can 'deal' with it because it's totally unreasonable and unpredictable. No preparation will save us from its wrath. So stop worrying about it, and go out and have a brewski with your bud when she's 'difficult' again. Simply ignore it. That's best for your nerves. :p

If she's having a miserable time there's no reason to make it unnecessarily miserable for two people! That would be spite. So don't let her jerk you around!

Upvote 0
I have to say that this entire topic cracked me up!!

But to add to what other people have said, I think you should give My Days a try for a while. After a couple months of entering the data it should be easier for YOU to predict her cycle. I, for example, am very irregular, so a probgram telling me I will get it every 28 days wouldn't do anything for me (or my bf for that matter) but keeping track of when she DOES get it (and when she starts to get a little moody) will help you figure out when to expect what. Good luck =p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones