• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Periodic Android Maintenance ?

bobsofi

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
Hi All

I have a rooted Galaxy Note SGH I717 running 4.0.4

On my W7 laptop, I periodically re-install windows with an Acronis True Image backup (about every 6 months). This fresh install is a great way to get rid of all the unwanted tweeks and bugs that have mucked up laptop over the 6 month period of hard use.

I have had my Galaxy Note for a year, and wonder if I should do something similar?

??? How do you all pros keep your Android devise running as fast and fresh and new ???

!!! Thanks in advance !!!

My Note is rooted so I periodically wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery. (I am not sure if your Note is rooted so this may not apply)

To go even further, if you aren't too lazy, you could do a factory reset but you would have to reinstall all the apps you have. It's good to do but it does take some time and is a pain. Factory resets can be done if rooted or not rooted. YMMV

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones