Periodically lose my address bookSupport

Last Updated:

1. ghinzani

ghinzani Member This Topic's Starter

It seems like every couple of months I lose my address book, subsequently I cant answer messages unless I can recognise the number and I end up having to wipe the fone and start again - which means downloading all the Apps again - its done it once again today, any ideas of a way round - I would prefer not to wipe as I lose my msg inbox etc
    Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

Oh my, that's a horrble problem. This must be somehow sync-related.

I assume your contacts are disappearing from your GMail account as well? If I were you, I would try with a different GMail account, or at the very least I would change the password for my current account!

What could you be doing rarely that could have an impact? You don't specify your device (please do, at the bottom of this page). Are you using HTC Sync, or only Google? Are you using Facebook, or some other social network?

It's a bit tedious, but go through your apps and make a list of all that can read/write your contacts -- the culprit is bound to be among those.

Good luck.

3. ghinzani

Thanks for replying. Ive got an HTC Desire, sorry should have said. In the end I wiped it and started again - had my contacts backed up just a shame to lose the messages, although they are still on O2 Bluebook. Its really weird the way it happens, when it does again (and it surely will!) I will report back some more facts before wipinging it. Thanks again.

4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Hey no problem, it's why we're all here. Just pass on the favour. :)

One note: there's an app (named, innovatively, "SMS Backup & Restore") that's quite good for saving text messages (to an xml file on your sdcard) and restoring them again.

ghinzani likes this.
  5. ghinzani

Gone again! Getting errors like 'Sorry! Activity HTC Sense (in application HTC Sense) is not responding - force close / wait. Just backing up SMS and may wipe it again, which is a pain isnt it.

6. ghinzani

heres another error - when I restart it process com.htc.bgp is not responding comes up.

7. ghinzani

Get this - just before I wiped it again I took out the 4gig sd card I had in it and replaced it with a 1gig one from my Nokia with not a lot on it. Works fine now.... Address book back, all apps fine. What could be on the 4g card thats causing it to plutz??