Permanently Delete from Inbox?General

1. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

I actually like the stock S4 e-mail app, but is there a way to permanently delete messages without having to also delete it from Trash? It seems silly to have to delete the same message(s) in two places.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

There is no way to trash mail directly out of inbox. I don't think it's an inconvenience. I rather have it in the trash in case I change my mind, or need to check the message back, for whatever reason, than trash it permanently with no chance or recovery. Hence why all the mail clients works exactly the same way, whether desktop, or cloud base, all your mails go to trash first.
  3. Mr. Lucky

Thank you for your opinion, but that's the thing… I don't change my mind, so in my case it is an inconvenience. Even if I did change my mind, I have mail set to not delete from the server, so I get another chance when I fetch email on my pc with Outlook (which BTW, does allow me to permanently delete from inbox without going to Trash first).
  4. Mr. Lucky

ttt - c'mon, there's gotta be a way of doing this
    Android is all about customization and configurability. Having no delete options available sounds like something Apple would produce.

If not with the stock app, how about some of the available replacements, like Aqua Mail, Enhanced Email, Kaiten, etc.?
  5. Mr. Lucky

UPDATE: Problem solved - I reconfigured my e-mail account from POP3 to IMAP. Now delete from Inbox permanently deletes.
    :party:​
    Rxpert83 likes this.