• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Permission Request message

bigblacksun

Lurker
May 29, 2012
Hi, I've seen a few answers to my question but so far nothing has worked. I have a Samsung Nexus S that had Android version 2.3. It was recently upgraded to 4.0 and now I get an error message each morning that "permission request for my gmail account". It looks like it's for my calendar as I am no longer getting my agenda emails any more to my phone but I don't know how to set the password again. I've looked at the calendar settings but don't see anywhere where I can re-enter the password. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks.

It was recently upgraded to 4.0 and now I get an error message each morning that "permission request for my gmail account". It looks like it's for my calendar as I am no longer getting my agenda emails any more to my phone but I don't know how to set the password again.
Whenever a password is not valid, you will get a password incorrect notification and a chance to change it. I believe a "permission request" relates to an app that requires permission or authorization to access an account. For instance, I have C:GEO set to tweet my cache finds as they happen. For that to work, I had to authorize C:GEO to access my Twitter account to post the finds. Perhaps one of them is asking for permission?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones