• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I admit, I am an iphone, samsung galaxy2 10.1.( both). I just got the Samsung and I thought there would be more crossover and I am not picking up the new platform at all. I am not seeing any directions for the completely lost new user. ( I do understand apps vs widgets, as of ten min ago!). When i am looking at downloading apps they all require pretty significant "permissions" to be able to dl them.
I also did full gmail sync. I want the tablet for the occasional netflix but mostly email & goog docs because I use it irl a ton and spreadsheets. Also as a POS for my small business.
* I noticed that there were a great deal of photos in my gallery that were mine, did those come from google email sync? they were old photos of me, it was odd.
do I need 5 pages?
*if I trash something, how do I "uninstall" as well?
*can I set Chrome as my default browser?
I hope Im in the correct spot to ask these questions. Im having alot of stress because I did not realize it would be this hard.

When you open Chrome, if you don't have a default set, a checkbox will pop up and ask you if you want to make it the default. Later, if you change your mind, you can go to Settings>Applications>Chrome>Clear Default.

You can change the sync settings under Settings>Accounts
I never sync because I have too many email accounts on my tab. I just confuse myself. :D

Yeah, you should look at the various items under Settings and explore a bit. At least get an idea of what's under the hood.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones