1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Permit Parking/Meter/Free Parking App??

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can one be created? I am not a developer, but I am sure there is solid data that can be used.
    In Chicago, many blocks are permit parking and some gems are not - if you don't see a sign, it could be permit and you have to look for the sign, or there is no sign and it's free parking.
    A map-based app with this type of thing would save me and many others alot of time. It's difficult especially when raining and the trees hang and cover the signs, or it's night and you can barely see them to start with.

I think this would be a phenomenal app and I would pay up to $5 for it, given that it works.

If any developers want more info PM me, or maybe others in other cities can chime in, I think this would be quite adventageous and city dwellers like me could really use this.

Thanks
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

I'd also love a countdown clock that would remind you the meter you fed quarters to hours ago is about to run out. You could park, feed the meter, then set your app with the time on the meter and set it to remind you XX amount of time before the meter times out. Could even make the ringtone a car horn honking. Can't tell you how many times I've parked, fed the meter the max amount, gone up to my office and then completely forgot to go back and re-feed the meter. $60 bucks a pop for my "senior moments."

3. djgpenny

djgpenny Active Member

Yeah, they have an app like this for the iphone called "Parking Pal." I imagine it is only time before one is created for Android.

4. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Isn't there a simple stopwatch/timer app? Why not just use the phone's alarm?