• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Persistant root

C:\androidsdk\tools>adb push try3 /data/local
485 KB/s (74512 bytes in 0.150s)
C:\androidsdk\tools>adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/try3
C:\androidsdk\tools>adb shell
$ ./data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
./data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
[1] Killed ./data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
$ /data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
/data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
[1] Killed /data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh

Do you know what's the problem?

Did you perform the whole instructions listed in the first page to the last dot? It seems to me, that your missing a whole lot of steps, please take a look at the first post in the first page and compare.

Upvote 0
C:\androidsdk\tools>adb push try3 /data/local
485 KB/s (74512 bytes in 0.150s)
C:\androidsdk\tools>adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/try3
C:\androidsdk\tools>adb shell
$ ./data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
./data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
[1] Killed ./data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
$ /data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
/data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh
[1] Killed /data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh

Do you know what's the problem?

Just Flash This Kernel with Odin if you are Using the 1.5 base

OLD Revision 2
Shell Enabled Root-Full ADB Access-Root Permission's for App's Set By User
Root For App's On stock Rom needs SU in /system/bin & chmod 04755

Here's the Odin Ready Kernel Download. This is the Kernel Only. Works with all Known Ports & Factory Rom!
Root_boot.tar

Upvote 0
I'm really a newbie this is my first android and I like it but would love it if I could get root so I can delete some apps or whatever there name is that it has. I have been searching for weeks and tried all the posts but still can't get it to work. Is there a step by step post that I haven't found? Oh and I would like to root my phone but I like t/wiz and the camera. I can't even get the computer to recognize the phone I have the downloaded the behold 2 usb drivers and android sdk. Please, any help is very appreciated .

Upvote 0
I will repost this on a new thread if I don't get a response, but I am having a problem of when I type

adb push try3.dat /data/local

it returns

568 KB/s (0 bytes in 75000)

568 KB/s varies each time the 0 is always there and 75K I am just rounding as to what that is. I am assuming some sort of time out. any help or suggestions...I am doing this on windows xp and I added the environment variable. and the proper driver is installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones