• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Persistent Voicemail Notification/No Voicemail/No Voicemail Box

I have a voicemail notification that will not go away. When I select it to listen to the voicemail, it will say "The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone." I have tried pressing pound, *, 8, all other kinds of options and suggestions I have read online to try and sign into my voicemail, but to no avail.

This problem started yesterday out of the blue. I used to have my voicemail set up, but I'm assuming right now that I don't. I can't set it up either, since every time I try to call my voicemail, I get the same message played back to me. While I can receive phone calls, others hear the same message played back if I do not answer. If they do leave me a voicemail, I certainly do not know where they are going.

I have tried restarting my phone; I have tried removing the battery; i have tried everything under the sun shy of going to my service provider, and would like to leave that as a last resort since the almost always just suggest a factory reset.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

*86 should be the number to access your voicemail... if you can't sign into it or get a weird message, you will have to call Verizon. Doesn't sound like a software issue at all, so there is very little chance a hard reset will effect it. The issue is on Verizon's network/your voicemail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones