Personal Facebook picture won't update?Support

Last Updated:

1. chill11

chill11 New Member This Topic's Starter

On the Droid Eris, My contacts are all good with their profile pictures and their status updates are doing fine. The only thing is that my personal picture is my old profile picture on Facebook and it won't update.
    Is there any way to change your own profile picture so I don't have to look at an old picture all the time?

Advertisement
  2. HollywoodKen481

HollywoodKen481 Member

It is a probably a bug in the Facebook software. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this?

3. joshjunior

joshjunior Member

Not sure about you guys but my fb app is just plain buggy all around. I've yet to get a fb notification other than through my email.

4. HollywoodKen481

HollywoodKen481 Member

I have had a problem with the notifications ever since I got my phone. The only time I ever get notifications about FB email, friend requests, and event invites is when I open the app itself. I don't always open the app because I use the widget to view and post status updates. I wish they would fix that because the amount of notification emails I get sometimes is annoying.

5. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

my personal contact hasn't updated ever. I suspect it's a problem w/ Facebook for HTC Sense since that is the app responsible for syncing facebook contact photos.

I haven't tried deleting the facebook for sense permissions on my actual facebook page and then re-allowing it. i might try that.

6. chill11

chill11 New Member This Topic's Starter

I decided to "log out" of the Facebook for HTC Sense under Settings, Accounts and Sync. Then logged back into it. It did fix my picture but I had to re-link most of my contacts to their Facebook pages

7. Dragonfly31432

Dragonfly31432 New Member

I found a way to, finally. You only have to go to People > My Contact Card > hit menu > Edit > hit the upper left hand of the screen (where your picture is) > Select Photo

I did this and didn't have to turn off my phone nor log out of anything! :D