personalized ringer DO NOT PLAY. RINGERS LINKED TO CONTACTS NOT WORKING

Last Updated:

1. Endri

Endri New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I am an Apple Iphone owner that decided to change for android. I bought an htc Hero and:
    1. The touchFlo interface SUCKS! Much better vanilla. Update please HTC

2. If I assigne a ringer to a specific contact, the spcific ringer seldom do not start and the default ringer plays... that is really frustating

I called twice to the htc support but they seems to knows less than me...
    Anybody has the same problem?

HELP HELP HELP

PS Might be ringdroid?

Advertisement
  2. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

I set of a specific ringer for one of my contacts and I can confirm that it does not appear to work. I don't have Ringdroid. Anyone else?

Regarding question 1 - what is it about the interface that sucks and what do you want HTC to do?

J

3. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

sucks? I much prefer TouchFlo to the vanilla home, and also much prefer it to my ipod touch. sucks how?

there's any issue with too many backgrounded apps chewing up memory and making things sluggish (of course one doesn't get this with the iPhone :); two workarounds are to buy a fast microSD card, to speed up swapping, and to use of on the task mgr apps to kill off unwanted apps.

I do think it's odd that apps are deliberately designed not to have a Quit function. I like having backgrounded apps, but sometimes I would rather quit them. If they were truly saved out to a swap file, freeing all resources, that would be ok, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Can you download Ringo Lite?

5. Endri

Dear Friends,
    I spent all night working on the issue... and I can say there is a big issue here. I cheked the terminal and I discovered thet RINGDROID create problems with contact ringers. So I can say officially:

DO NOT INSTALL RINGDROID ON THE HERO.

I got rid of that, reboot the phone and reassigned the ringers, and, at the moment, it's working

About the interface TouchFLO... It's about the software design, It's horrible. Background apps and many widget helps creating lag problems but it's the software that it's unable to manage the process and the RAM. Just think of the weight of the program... more than 1 mega for a grafic shell... It's folly!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway I guess Wozniak would resolve the issue in a few minutes but... talking about HTC... I think we will wait until sept... for a firmware update, on which HTC tec is already working... as they told me yesterday... Mail box full od people protesting...

Anyway, I am keeping my HERO with vanilla, waiting for 2.0 and enjoyng Android freedom...

Peace

6. Endri

An other terrible news. HTC hero contact program has few bugs... and it is NOT possible to successfully assign ringer to contact. Never. The software go crazy if you use the music player or if RAM level is too low. ringdroid was only part of the problem...
    I am surprise that only other 2 people wrote about this....
    I am upset... maybe I'll switch back to iPhone