Personalizing message tones on Xperia X10.General

1. Silverwizard

Silverwizard Active Member

I was wondering if it's possible to use personalised tones for email and sms notifications?
    If it is, how is it done?
    Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Advertisement
  2. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

There's an app called ring droid that lets you cut up tracks on your phone and assign them.

If you have others you've cut up or got from somewhere else put them in /sdcard/media/audio and either the notifications or ringtones folder depending on what you want them for.
  3. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

I use tone picker and I have a separate tone for email text phone and tweetdeck. that way I know what the alert is just by song

ric
    Silverwizard likes this.
  4. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Doesn't Handcent do it too?

I think that is an app that replaces your SMS app...I believe it allows for it...probably one of the most popular messenging apps.
  5. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

i have handcent but i think that only does text alerts (not to sure lol). it allows you to pick songs through tone picker as well
  6. kevmars

kevmars Well-Known Member

I covered this a few months ago as i have now got seperate email, sms, facbook etc tones for everything

Firstly connect you phone to your pc and set the sd card to mount.
    Go to my computer and locate your sd card.
    If you have already got music on your pc the do the following:-
    go to the folder that contains your song that you want for sms tone
    right click and copy this file
    go to your sd card and select the folder MEDIA. inside media select AUDIO then select NOTIFICATION and copy the file into here.
    Disconnect your phone
    on your phone go into your messages and press the left nav button to select the settings option
    go to noftification tone and press.

find the file that you copied and select it
    Hey presto you should have this tone as your sms tone. You can also follow the above and set the tone as email notification (in you email settings) and for anything else that has a notification tone

any probs give us a shout or if you need to know any other way
    Silverwizard likes this.
  7. Silverwizard

I thought it should be possible,many thanks for your help.
  8. Silverwizard

Hi,
    What a great little app!
    Thanks for the info.

SW
  9. ttdep

ttdep New Member

KevMars post is spot on. Mount the SD card on a computer and copy files to the locations you want them. I am very pleased and it is much better than advice from the manufacturers who suggested an Andriod app that, as far as I know, does not exist. Thanks:)