• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Persuade me too change too launcherPro from Stock

Guys, been playing with Launcher Pro and i like it, but Sense still seems to run in the background? Is that correct? If so, what are the cons of this happening

Have you changed your Sense scene to 'clean slate' before swapping to LauncherPro? If you did, then the Sense scene isn't actually running, but the apps on your phone that are set to update at intervals will continue to do so. They would do this in Sense even if you didn't have them placed on a Homescreen, they work in the background.

Using LauncherPro is the same as using Sense, in that background updates etc will continue. However, if you don't swap to the clean slate scene in Sense, any widgets on your Sense Homescreen will continue to update and function. The ultimate solution when using LP is turn off updates for all apps that you don't use in LauncherPro.

If this is incorrect I'm sure someone will sound off :D

Reactions: mcchriswood
Upvote 0
if i owned a credit card i would. Unfortunately i dont.
I live in the uk so if i was too borrow someones does just about 70pence come out??
or is there additional charges?
and does anyone know about the problem i had with apn toggle?

Yeah just the 70p, no additional charges.

Also if you dont like the app (which you will) you can uninstall and get a refund within 24 hours from the downloads page in the market :)

Upvote 0
Its a conflict. APN toggle doesnt turn off internet. It will rename the APN settings so nothing can use it to connect to the internet. ON and OFF will rename it and rename it back. The other one actually turns off the connection.

If you turn the network off, you cant turn it back on with the other. You can only use one or the other, not both.

Reactions: mcchriswood
Upvote 0
Ive just purchased switch pro now.
Im having the same sort of problem.
I have too enable my mobile network sense widget so its on. and i can only THEN turn the internet on or off via either the curvefish apn toggle or via the data connection switch pro widget.
Does this mean that if i use launcher pro as my default i will ALWAYS have too have mobile internet connected??
And if so does this use battery up even if i have stopped it connecting via the switch pro widget.
I cant see that this message makes perfect sense but im hoping you will get what im saying

Upvote 0
Ive just purchased switch pro now.
Im having the same sort of problem.
I have too enable my mobile network sense widget so its on. and i can only THEN turn the internet on or off via either the curvefish apn toggle or via the data connection switch pro widget.
Does this mean that if i use launcher pro as my default i will ALWAYS have too have mobile internet connected??
And if so does this use battery up even if i have stopped it connecting via the switch pro widget.
I cant see that this message makes perfect sense but im hoping you will get what im saying

Have you tried enabling it on the sense widget them removing the sense widget from your sense screen before using switchpro on launcherpro?

Upvote 0
ye that works however still obviously keeps mobile internet connected even when i disconnect it via the switchpro switch.
Dont get me wrong disabling it via switchpro doesnt allow it to connect and internet etc doesnt work and no icon at the top BUT mobile internet is still connected in settings.

Upvote 0
ye then it defies the point of having the widget surely??
Also my switchpro wifi and data connection widgets are slower than my curvefish ones??
And if my mobile internet is connected and my data connection is disabled tehn how does it stop the internet connecting??
It can't be through the apn because they stay enabled as does my apn widget stays on??

Upvote 0
Sorry, couldn't resist showing my current homescreen, with the dock and icon shortcuts created with LauncherPro. The hidden notification bar is a cool feature :)

i.ashx

Upvote 0
After reading through this thread I have downloaded LauncherPro and it is, so far, a good alternative to Sense.
My only problem is, like with all home replacements, I'm such a fan of Sense's widgets that I don't know if I can do without them.

Is there any alternatives to the widgets that I can download from somewhere that are compatible with LP, the analogue clock for instance is no good for me =P

Upvote 0
After reading through this thread I have downloaded LauncherPro and it is, so far, a good alternative to Sense.
My only problem is, like with all home replacements, I'm such a fan of Sense's widgets that I don't know if I can do without them.

Is there any alternatives to the widgets that I can download from somewhere that are compatible with LP, the analogue clock for instance is no good for me =P

take a look here:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/149327-most-wanted-widgets.html

courtesy of timmmah.l (don't forget to say thanks)

Upvote 0
Thank you Evil Genius, that link has been a great help.

Now after having LP for a few hours and searching on the internet I've come to the conclusion that in order to change icon pictures I need to alter things within the program through Astro, this is way above me. Take Eris Ed's last post with the link to the icon sets, i've downloaded them but I have no idea on how to implement them.

Does anyone know when full theming will be available for LauncherPro? That'd be a great help to me.

Upvote 0
Thank you Evil Genius, that link has been a great help.

Now after having LP for a few hours and searching on the internet I've come to the conclusion that in order to change icon pictures I need to alter things within the program through Astro, this is way above me. Take Eris Ed's last post with the link to the icon sets, i've downloaded them but I have no idea on how to implement them.

Does anyone know when full theming will be available for LauncherPro? That'd be a great help to me.

Changing icons is easier than you think. Go to the market and find Folder Organizer lite (or pro if you want.)

Open it and browse through your apps using the tab at the top of the screen.Scroll to the app you want to change the name or icon for and press the little white arrow to the right hand side. Tap Icon, then choose either icon packs or just images on the SD card. Pick the icon you want and apply it.

Now go back to the home screen, long press an empty space and tap shortcuts->folder organizer item->Apps. Choose the app you just modified and voila, custom icon and/or label. You can do the same with folders too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones