• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pete just got the OFFICIAL 2.1 Dump!!

Undoubtedly. That plus the fact that there may be a system tweak here or there (or all through out the OS) that will allow for much better integration with the DROID's hardware....

If it even enables the wireless FM I'll be happy - but if it also allows use of the 1271 to start using Wireless N I'll be ecstatic....

That current last post in that thread has something interesting to say....

AllDroid - View topic - Guess What I Just Leaked! (OTA 2.1 DUMP)

ive been informed that there is an even more updated version than this.

this was the version we were SUPPOSED to get in january "that one week we all remember"
but bugs were found.

I've been running it on my Droid the past 3 days with no issues.

Upvote 0
Already being discussed in the root subforum.

Also, this is interesting:

ive been informed that there is an even more updated version than this.

this was the version we were SUPPOSED to get in january "that one week we all remember"
but bugs were found.

I've been running it on my Droid the past 3 days with no issues.

(But I did DL it anyway, just for snits & giggles)

Pete's latest post: AllDroid - View topic - Guess What I Just Leaked! (OTA 2.1 DUMP)

Don't be jealous, Bugless Beast has everything it has and more ;)

Upvote 0
so this is before they pulled out and added flash? how would one look through this dump for flash elements?

Correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe they pulled out to add flash...they pulled out cuz of bugs..something tells me it was so they could block root access somehow like they did with the milestone...if this is the case I am going to be pissed (well I probs just won't update)

EDIT: I am just speculating as to why they pulled it...I am NOT giving facts

Upvote 0
There's no flash in this update.

Also, the 'bugs' that birdman (Sholes team member) were refering to were security holes that could be exploited for root access, at least to the extent of my understanding of his post in Pete's thread.

So it's actually nice that we have this 'older' version of the 2.1 OTA update, since it still has a hole that we can gain root access with.

Upvote 0
The current roms we have now based on 2.0.1 are really all I need. With the 2.1 apps added, it pretty much covers all the nice little upgrades, aside from a few system tweaks that noone really knows for sure how much of a benefit they will be yet. The thing I am looking forward to are the custom roms that come out with flash support, until then it's pretty much the same ol thing.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones