• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pete just got the OFFICIAL 2.1 Dump!!

Unfortunately, SholesMod doesn't exist anymore. The team had some falling out about money and split up. As I read it, all but one of them have regrouped and are trying to get back up and running as DroidMod. They claim that they will be back up and running in a few days. If you'll search the Market you'll find that SM Updater is no longer there, they said that it will be "updated" to a new name and should update existing installs when it hits. So now instead of the next incarnation of the SholesMod series, we will be looking for DroidMod 1.0.0??

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I noticed a lot of folks anticipating a new SholesMod. There is a description of what happened on Droid Forum and the new group already has a new website up and running droidmod.org.

This was just FYI.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, SholesMod doesn't exist anymore. The team had some falling out about money and split up. As I read it, all but one of them have regrouped and are trying to get back up and running as DroidMod. They claim that they will be back up and running in a few days. If you'll search the Market you'll find that SM Updater is no longer there, they said that it will be "updated" to a new name and should update existing installs when it hits. So now instead of the next incarnation of the SholesMod series, we will be looking for DroidMod 1.0.0??

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I noticed a lot of folks anticipating a new SholesMod. There is a description of what happened on Droid Forum and the new group already has a new website up and running droidmod.org.

This was just FYI.

I sure hope you're right.. :)

Upvote 0
So, ... hypothetically speaking, if 2.1 looks the same as 2.0.1 but performance is incredible, would you still think there's no point of getting it?

no, i'm rooted and overclocked to 1.2 right now, I have live wallpaper, 5 homescreeen without luncher, phone is working really good, until I'm able to keep what I have now why would I change? Go back to 3 homescreen? Loose live wallpaper (even if I don't use I know in case I want to use it, I have it) Unless I see a good benefit I wont, at least not right now

Upvote 0
no, i'm rooted and overclocked to 1.2 right now, I have live wallpaper, 5 homescreeen without luncher, phone is working really good, until I'm able to keep what I have now why would I change? Go back to 3 homescreen? Loose live wallpaper (even if I don't use I know in case I want to use it, I have it) Unless I see a good benefit I wont, at least not right now

All these features will be built into a ROM based on this 2.1 from Pete...Chill bro you won't lose anyhting

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
According to Matt (the moderator over at the Moto Droid forum), the version of 2.1 that is running on Pete's video is not the offical Moto 2.1:

I have posted on a couple of threads that the video from Pete is not the real deal -- that's a fact. He's just stirring the pot. I am reasonably certain that no one has the Motorola update for the Droid outside of the company. (Of course, Boy Genius seems to know everything so I guess you can never be sure...)

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/23712?start=330&tstart=0

Upvote 0
Wow, so sensitive. I never said it wasn't the real thing. I just passed along some information from a guy who works at Motorola because I thought it was interesting. You can choose to believe it or not. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't.

No ones feelings were hurt but Pete is the man. He has probly put more hours into developing than motorola. Well let's hope not...

Anyways. The reason i think Matt said that is because Moto is changing the Droid's 2.1 from what the original release was supposed to be (the one Pete got his hands on)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones