1. Pete's bugless beast

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. sholes.info

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

The overclocking thread has convinced me to root. Now I'm trying to decide which rom to use. It's between the bugless beast and sholes.info, so I thought id poll you guys. Here is my reasoning right now:

Bugless beast:
    + has pretty much everything I want in one go
    - but does not have APK or JAR optimizations

Sholes.info:
    + has many optimized system files, which I'm assuming makes it even faster
    + has a more "stock" look, which I kind of like
    - will have to add some things, such as OC and high quality video

So any input, especially perceived performance differences, would be great.

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I haven't uploaded the Sholes, but have gone through a couple versions of BB. I have found that both 7.1 and 8.3 to be causing random reboots via unmounts from the pc. I've also encountered a few FCs recently since using either ROM. I will say, that brief exposure to 7.1 (Beast) has been nice, I'd say the extra boost in cpu helps with home page scrolling. However, I'll let the more experienced guys give you a better comparison. The nice part about BB, is it's easy to switch between versions via the "update.zip".
  3. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

Havent used sholes.info 1.2, used 1.1 and didnt like it. To many bugs (I am sure thats fixed now) but I am currently using BB (beast) and haven't had one FC or problem with it. well I did have a gmail app issue but clearing data fixed it so I dont attribute it to the ROM. idk what APK and JAR "optimizations" mean but all I know is the BB rom is smoking fast and I love the glass theme. Also has pretty much every app I wanted, except I really dont like the IM chat being in there and not being able to uninstall it without doing some moving of files.
  4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Why would you have a poll like this and only include two ROMs? :confused:
  5. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

because those are the two i care about...guess it is a pretty selfish poll :D
  6. LaBouche81

LaBouche81 New Member

hi everyone, i need some serious help with my droid. i put on SirPsycho's recover and put the bugless beauty rom on it. and im really not liking it. ive been trying for days now how to figure out how to go back to the stock 2.0.1 rom. now i know when i installed it. i typed in a command to block the droids automatic 2.0.1 recovery. is there a way i can undo that so it goes back to that stock rom? also ive tried flashing a recovery image of the stock rom and cant figure out how to do it. if someone could really help me out and help me get this thing back to normal again i would so appreciate it. right now my phone is useless. the rom i have on is all glossy black and i cant see anything during the day because of that dark theme on it. please guys i need some serious help. i cant sleep until this thing is fixed and its already been 2 days of me trying to fix it
  7. underd86

underd86 Well-Known Member

i am rooted and i am going to try the the bugless rom. on the site it has nandroid back up. i am a little lost on do i do a back up using that on my 2.01 or is that a back up of the bugless rom. sorry im not getting it.

Thanks
  8. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

do a nandroid backup of you current rom so u can flash back if you dont like it. then just use the update.zip cause u wont need to reinstall your apps again
  9. underd86

underd86 Well-Known Member

but i still need to have hard spl and jf rc mod to be able to do a backup?