Petition to overturn phone unlock ban

1. clemson77on

clemson77on Well-Known Member

If you have a minute, sign this petition. I don't know if it will do any good, but it only takes a minute or two.

Advertisement
    Indrid Cold likes this.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Hmmm, link maybe?
  3. TritonDroid

TritonDroid Well-Known Member

Signed.

I know it isn't quite the same(apples to apples) but congress needs to look at it from the perspective of other electronics.

If I switch TV providers should I be required to buy a new provider specific TV? If I change ISP's should I be required to buy a ISP provide/approved computer?

Data phones are closer to a TV or computer than that of there brother the flip phone...
  4. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

I signed
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

When was the last time anyone unlocked their own phone to work with another carrier? Respectfully in my opinion i couldn't care less if this is legal or not.

It has nothing to do with rooting or unlocking the bootloader.
  6. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

I agree that most people (including myself) will never have the need to switch carriers with their phones, but the option should still be there if you fulfill your contract terms.
    My concern is that if this new law stays in place without opposition, what's next?
  7. clemson77on

clemson77on Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts
  8. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Hmm, last year when I used my VZW global phone in Israel on an Israeli carrier. A few years back when I flashed USCC firmware on my VZW V3m so I could try out USCC. There's quite a few people these days who take and buy used (or new) VZW phones to use on Cricket, Metro PCS or a few others. Here's a whole thread about doing it for the Motorola A855 droid:

service programming on the moto droid