PGP on a Android Phone

Last Updated:

1. onlyjc

onlyjc New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 1, 2010
    I am an active believer that encryption should be on email, and have it on my webmail aswell as POP/IMAP Mail but wondered if there was any implementation on the android mail options.

Does anyone know if its posible to have PGP or GnuPG on a mobile phone? I can understand that it uses a little extra bandwidth for the encoding but that shouldn't stop things.

I use encryption on MSN aswell (well in pidgin messenger) as I dislike the idea that normal chat can be read and recorded by others if they want too.

People have the option to encode/make things hard to see as a choice.. Its a matter of security and privacy.

Its a bit like: People wear clothing... They don't have too but I don't think everyone wants everyone else to see what they are covering up... just keeping a little privacy.

There are encryption tools for messengers on a PC [Mini Guide: ] • View topic - Guide: Encrypted Communications (Pidgin) and GnuPG for email...

I just wonder how long til on a mobile device because to be honest... they are the most likely to be lost. Would be nice to have everything protected by an extra level.

Your views and thoughts?

- John

2. xnsn

xnsn New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    APG is an excellent PGP client on android, and free.
    K-9 email client has excellent integration with APG, but I feel is lacking in some other respects compared to the built-in Mail and Googlemail. (it lacks the conversation threads, and seems to eat up battery faster)