1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phandroid and Androidforums.com's New Look!

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

You may have noticed that suddenly everything looks a bit different around here. May we present - the new look!

This was worked on for quite some time, we do hope everyone enjoys it. Please post any bugs you may spot here.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I'm loving it. But...where is the "like" button. Come on, guys. Also, it would even look much better if the buttons have some designs on them. Just my opinion. Either way, it's awesome.

P.s. Love the blue & green colors. &#10004;
    Xyro likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Looking good on our side - but at the top of individual Phandroid stories, the link for feedback goes nowhere, just adds a "#" to the existing URL.

As for the buttons, they all have fuzzy text.

Still loving it though!! :)
  4. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

Love it!!! Great timing on the update with the I/O conference, too. Well done, team!
  5. aayushdutta

aayushdutta Well-Known Member Contributor

It's a much more better look, love the color scheme... It's brighter, and provides a more clear view over the green bar and blue buttons... Loved it... :)
  6. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Pretty great design I like it. :)
  7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

As I said elsewhere, my first thought was that the world was going bright, I had died and I was waking up in heaven. As I type this, I'm getting used to it. My first reaction was shock/surprise. Now, it's.. hmmm.. this is kinda cool and current. Besides, it makes my avatar and many badges stand out more. :p

:vroam:
    Fuzzy13 and shahabazas like this.
  8. shahabazas

shahabazas ~*~ Android Addict ~*~ Guide

The new look is cool i just have a suggesstion that if we want to delete a quote then we should have a different tab for it so that we can directly delete it as i have tried to delete my quotes where i have posted twice or some quotes which we posted wrong but when i try to select the tab it says edit or delete but i never found how to delete a qoute as when i select that tab of edit or delete it only edits the quote dint gvies an option to delete completly the quote so please include my suggesstion in your to do list and provide us a tab to delete the quote. and one more thing when i select a multiquote i dint find how to put 2 or 3 quote in a single quote can you let me know that also.

Thanks.
  9. Phases

I agree the like link needs a button. I also agree the text is fuzzy.

I'm also considering converting all the current "thanks" to likes, and turning off the thanks system. Don't worry Steven, they'll all convert!
    shahabazas, ocnbrze, Fuzzy13 and 4 others like this.
  10. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember VIP Member

[​IMG]

I like everything but the gap. Maybe a half hair of a shade darker on the green?

I took years of autocad to make this graphic for you. Hope you can handle it's elaborateness.

Attached Files:

• gap.jpg
      gap.jpg
      File size:
      137.6 KB
      Views:
  11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

While I like the change to the report post button, could it be modified to say "report" on the image, as well? Newer users might not know what the new icon means and ignore it. Where if it says report, users know what it's for.

Also, the new white background is a bit of a shock. Could it be adjusted to something darker, even the old blue color? Just something that could give it a little more contrast.

Other than that, it looks good. The updated home bar is nice :)
    ocnbrze, D-U-R-X and Xyro like this.
  12. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

I agree it does look sharp. I may be in the minority but I would prefer the left and right borders be a tad darker to make the "workspace" in the the main portion of the screen pop a little more. Great work though.
  13. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I JUST noticed that too. That makes the white font seems dull. I'm sure this can be fixed. &#12484;
  14. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

^^^^ I don't like the line on top of the text. It's confusing to me.^^^
  15. Phases

Seems reply/forward buttons in PM system are the old ones, too.

Also, favicon needs update.
  16. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Yeah, the report button needs to say report. :)
    The text looks kinda fuzzy too, but overall I like this new design. :)

EDIT: Maybe some changes to the profile view can be changed too.
    ocnbrze and agentc13 like this.
  17. EarlyMon

*cough*

<----

I still think we're missing point on Likes. When we first asked for another mechanism besides thanks, it was so that people could point out the important posts.

Example, you get a problem thread, partial solutions get thanked along the way, but when the final solution gets posted, it was becoming too hard to use thanks to see the hot post.

So, the Share button allows us to share that an answer exists - to the outside world. And Like/Thanks has grayed over the distinction.

Respectfully, would still like to see a mechanism that allows people to point and say - "This is the solution, this is the one to share, this is the one to see." - in addition to ongoing recognition, whether that button is called Thanks/Likes/My Hero, etc etc. :)
    Gmash and KOLIO like this.
  18. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

The colors and design is a little plain and simplistic, but that can be a good thing sometimes.

I think with the change, the little heart in the 'like' boxes should be changed to an android sprite. :)
    -Not a fan of the 'like', it feels too much like BookFace to me. I prefer the Thanks system since it is more friendly and considerate. Jus' sayin'
    Gmash, iowabowtech and EarlyMon like this.
  19. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

^^^^^This

The line is confusing. I like it separating a post from a signature, but having it at the top is kind of odd.
  20. EarlyMon

Check out the other forums, the Lounge for example. The gap's always been there, it's where the forum tag line goes.

OTOH, I don't have mad shop skills, so you'll just have to see. :)
  21. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I would totally approve this move. &#8679;&#8679;
    Having A "Like" button instead of "Thanks" would put AF in a class by itself. [​IMG]
    ouch1976 likes this.
  22. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Blah. I like "thanks" feature more than "likes". How about we keep the "Thanks" and rename it "Like"? But I'm fine with whatever the masses choose.

FYI... Wi-Fi here SUCKS! Right after IO keynote ends we're running back to the hotel to get up some vids from the event.
    IOWA, badblue1, dautley and 18 others like this.
  23. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Just a little too much antialiasing in Photoshop. Since they are graphics, it's probably an easy but low priority adjustment.
    ocnbrze, Granite1 and EarlyMon like this.
  24. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

There's a redesign? Huh - the things you miss when using Tapatalk!

Have to check into it when I rescue my Xoom from wherever I last put it (I know, I know - it's kinda hard to loose a 10" tablet in a house, but I have...)
    bberryhill0, ocnbrze and cammykool like this.
  25. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I like the new logo too.
    EarlyMon likes this.