1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phandroid and Androidforums.com's New Look!

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I still have one of the old pages up.

The line at the top has always been there, title or not. Probably wasn't noticed because the old design wasn't as clean as this one.

old line.png

Maybe time to re-think now that it's noticeable.
    ocnbrze, OfTheDamned and tube517 like this.
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Nice cleaner look.

I like the thanks button and thanks you for the like button.:smokingsomb::D
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

yeah, don't like the constant font size ... we old people need to be able to make our fonts larger.
    Encerspay, ocnbrze, 2old4this and 5 others like this.
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

When you view the forum from firefox, it looks great!

However, when you view it in chrome, the font is a fixed size. That's a real problem for those of us with poor eyesight (including me :p), as zooming into the page no longer increases the font size. :(

For multiquotes, hit the multiquote button on all but the last post you want to quote. Then hit the normal quote button on the final post you want to quote, and they'll all be there.

I'm not sure what you mean about deleting quotes though. You can just edit your post and remove everything between the [quote][/quote] tags to remove a quote.
    ocnbrze and Grey1001 like this.
  5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Looks like a super improvement over the old. Maybe it's my monitor idk, but the button fonts look like they need sharpening or the font looks funky? The work that goes into this is much appreciated by me so thank you ;)
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Believe it or not, I'm with the boss on this one. :) :vroam:
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I like the overall design much better... however, you youngsters, please spare a thought for the old farts, like me, who are at an age where reading glasses and slightly larger fonts are a must.

It's not my fault that I was born too early!

[​IMG]
  8. Xyro

I'm browsing on firefox for the moment. Zooming in on that does increase font size as you would expect.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Is there a way to put an acceleration or delay factor in the top-of-page mouse-overs for the Phandroid sites?

When I use the browser update tool or type in a url, it causes annoying flashing as I mouse past them.

And I know that this won't fit with policy, but I still think that having a million people learn that while in the forums, Home != Forums home, you have to slide over to the Forums on the other side - is kind of wrong.

The Phandroid logo just above the Home does the same thing. Maybe just move the Forums to the far left and drop Home, both from here and Phandroid.com. I think that's better and is simpler.

No one, I think, is going to use the smaller Home button to get to Phandroid when the web de facto standard exists - tap the logo.

PS - plus it puts Forums and Phandroid links closer together. ;)
  10. I like it, but make the white more gray and it'll be better.
  11. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Way too bright. Hurts my eyes and the posts are harder to read.
  12. Xyro

Came here to say that. The old nav-bars must have had a built in delay, as they never used to open when you just skimmed past them with the mouse.
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I concur
  14. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Thanks and like are basically the same thing, except one keeps a tab at the top of the thread highlighting the top clicked. Which is useful.

I fail to understand why one might choose "thanks" instead!
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

New design is great :thumbup: :D
    ...now the time in the Phandroid app.... I guess that's what you get when you don't buy tapatalk :p just the time zone being wrong in it...
  16. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Is there a desire for the more simple graphics such as the edit/quote/thanks buttons etc? Are web 2.0 buttons not desired, they seem to be a little more modern. Not trying to shake things up too much though, it's the former themer in me. :)

[​IMG]
  17. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I love the redesign.

This is probably a little nitpicky at this point but should the first new post icon([​IMG]) have the same look as the goto last post icon([​IMG])?
    EarlyMon and Xyro like this.
  18. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

After looking to see what is the purpose of that line, I now see that its needed for separating the topic and body of a thread. &#12484;
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  19. Xyro

I agree.

However, there is the issue of tapatalk not currently supporting likes, whereas it does support thanks.
  20. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Keep thanks.
    today, Grey1001, PattiCakeUS and 6 others like this.
  21. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

I absolutely love it, Nice and clean :p Good job Phases
  22. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

dautley likes this.
  23. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I can't take credit for this one! :)
  24. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

I say just turn off the "thank" button for Steven only..... :D