Phandroid app processor hog

Last Updated:

1. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Phone seemed sluggish, so checked OSMonitor: CPU usage at 75-85%, & the Phandroid app is the majority of it :confused: So I checked the logs, & the top entry is from the Phandroid app:
    Code (Text):
    1. onReceive intent: Intent {act=com.blau.android.phandroidnews.news.ACTION_TOGGLE_WIDGET flg=0x14 cmp=com.blau.android.phandroidnews/.news.NewsTimeoutReceiver (has extras)}
    I tried killing the process a couple of times, but it came right back.That process is sitting at 64% right now. Going to try a reboot.

Advertisement
  2. t-readyroc

Reboot seems to have solved it. Might be worth checking out that function for bugs, though.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It's a known issue with the app unfortunately, it's not been updated in an age and I don't think there are plans to update any time soon either, sorry.

We now support tapatalk and Forum Runner if you fancy giving either of those a try?
  4. t-readyroc

Ah ok. I did a forum search & didn't find anything, so I posted. Too bad about the app; especially since both alternatives are pay-for. Guess I'll have to look into them.

Thanks for the info.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

No problem, tapa was free on GetJar for a while, might be worth making that your first port of call. :)