Phandroid app running as service fix

1. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It's been driving me crazy why with news and notifications turned off that Phandroid will continue to run a service not as a cache but service.
    I have noticed that when this happens my battery drops faster than after I kill it.
    So I didn't want to delete it since that is my only major issue :)
    I found if you turn off all options in preferences that list news forum and chat options that Phandroid app will not try to keep service running!
    Finally I can use it and not worry about forgetting to kill it and battery drop... Of course I would prefer to use the options but until there is a response from the developer on the issues raised here this will have to do.
    Oh just as a note even with options all off able to browse the forums with no problem at all :)
    Thanks,
    Bryan

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It didnt used to do this so maybe it was in the last release?
    trapperjohn likes this.
  3. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

True I didn't have the previous version but that info should help the developer correct this.

I don't see email to send to developer or even the developer responding here in this message forum since I would assume besides users helping each other there would be developer input I am not saying every day but can give an update where we are at in a newer version and what is recommended to correct certain user problems the lack of response is why people have been asking for Tapatalk support back since that does get updated and responded to questions.
    Not trying to blast anyone a quick status once in awhile is not such a strange thing to ask.
    Thanks,
    Bryan
    NightAngel79 likes this.