• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phandroid: HTC to complete 2.2 roll-out by Christmas!

Too little too late HTC. Please get on the ball and get us our updates. Not sure why a small team of techs in their basements can whip out a working 2.2 ROM in days using a backdoor approach yet a huge company like HTC takes 6 months. WTF?

Use some of that 1.88 billion you just made and hire some good programmers.

Upvote 0
Too little too late HTC. Please get on the ball and get us our updates. Not sure why a small team of techs in their basements can whip out a working 2.2 ROM in days using a backdoor approach yet a huge company like HTC takes 6 months. WTF?

Use some of that 1.88 billion you just made and hire some good programmers.

Those basement techs don't have to worry about millions of customer complaints/returns due to bricked phones if they don't get it right.

Upvote 0
Those basement techs don't have to worry about millions of customer complaints/returns due to bricked phones if they don't get it right.

Very true. I just thought with all the resources and money HTC has they could have whipped something out faster than 6 months. They have all the correct drivers and code to work with so where is the speed bump? Sure there is R&D but this is not a new phone. They must have GOBS of data regarding every aspect of the phone.

Upvote 0
Very true. I just thought with all the resources and money HTC has they could have whipped something out faster than 6 months. They have all the correct drivers and code to work with so where is the speed bump? Sure there is R&D but this is not a new phone. They must have GOBS of data regarding every aspect of the phone.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with your sentiments. 5 months is an eternity compared to the several weeks I was hoping for. But like a previous poster mentioned, this guy didn't really say much of anything at all. For all we know, it could be weeks away. I guess we wait for the dawn.

Upvote 0
The Nexus One will probably have the 3.0 before we get 2.2.

Funny how T-Mobile (worst network in the nation - 2 state experience) gets the flashy updates first!

The timeline of the next updates will definitely affect what brand I upgrade to next phone.

The ball is in your court HTC.

Motorola has a nice butt too. Don't think I won't cheat on you.

--

If Vanilla 2.2 is so easy to update, why don't they do that first - that way people who don't need sense can use froyo - and if people still want sense - they will have to wait for the more difficult update?

Upvote 0
2.2 in time for christmas? That's a bit disappointing, thank god 2.1 is still pretty damn sweet and our phones are fast enough for most uses...

Indeed. The only missing component is the voice BT for me. A biggie, considering I got a ticket last month (cellphone related). :rolleyes:

And you think I talk a lot, here! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones