1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

iowabowtech likes this.
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Hmm, I may end up wanting one yet.
  3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I dunno, I'm not sure how much it would do for me over what we currently have and Roku - and that review there didn't do a lot to entice me for it. I'm with Rob, the box itself is sexy. The rest blah.
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Currently seeing mixed reviews pertaining to Netflix capabilities. Some say working great, HD, all win. Others saying Netflix is not enabling search. I can see where they might do anything they can to hold back competition but what's the real deal on this?

We're still running Netflix through an original Wii using the old A/V outputs so I'm looking to get up to HD finally. Not sure if this is the best route or not.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Chromecast would probably do you.

Cheap, easy and new apps are being added all the time.

The more I look at the Amazon box, the more I think I'd just be wasting cash if I got one.
    iowabowtech likes this.
  6. Muckle Dabuckle

Muckle Dabuckle Well-Known Member

That's why I'm holding off right now (that and I could spend my money more wisely -- like giving to charity or something). I just assumed, like all new devices, there would possibly be some hardware and software issues. It usually is pretty frustrating being an early adopter (like with my Wii U -- which Nintendo has finally perfected with a bunch of software updates). At least I hope that is the case and that Amazon isn't purposely messing with the Netflix capabilities because they want people to use voice search on the Amazon Instant app.

There are some affordable Blu-Ray players around the price of a Fire TV that have dual-core processors, dual-band wireless, and all the usual streaming apps that work really well and are pretty snappy. Just depends if you'd rather have disc-playing capabilites or being able to play mobile games on your tv.
    El Presidente and iowabowtech like this.